Man Utd vs Newcastle Utd - 26/12/12 @ 3pm

Beren

1-1

You  :hello2:

We're due a result against a decent team, this might be it.  If we don't it'll be a raping.

Probably not this game mind, what with our atrocious PL record at Old Trafford. Arsenal though, maybe, just maybe.

Krul

Simpson Williamson Coloccini Santon

Perch Jonas

Anita

Cisse.                    Marveaux

Ba

We'll lose by three goals. Tiote's absence will be a hammer blow to our hopes.

Krul

Simpson Williamson Coloccini Santon

Perch          Anita

Marveaux

Obertan                    Jonas

Ba

:cheesy:

Krul

Santon  Willo Colo  Fergie

Tiote        Perch

Anita

Marv                  Obertan

Ba

Krul

Simpson

Coloccini

Williamson

Santon

Anita

Perch

Jonas

Cisse

Ba

Marveaux

With us losing Tiote, there is no way we will drop Jonas. Marveaux or Obertan in for Tiote, with Jonas dropping deep.

i'm going to try and ignore that this game is on.

(i've only ever actually been able to do this a couple of times and both times been surprised by the results, narrow defeats both times instead of the hammerings i'd feared)

Guest neesy111

1-1

You  :hello2:

We're due a result against a decent team, this might be it.  If we don't it'll be a raping.

Probably not this game mind, what with our atrocious PL record at Old Trafford. Arsenal though, maybe, just maybe.

Man Utd's record around xmas is iffy.  Blackburn won 3-2 at OT last year.  It can be done.

Not as worried as you lot, as we generally seem to raise our game to avoid being humiliated by the top teams.

Man Utd won't be going full pelt either, as they have a busy schedule so if they get two goals up, I imagine they'll take their foot off the pedal. Would be good if they didn't get two "free" goals off corners in the first 15 minutes this time!

I'm completely okay with us using the little and large combo up front and lumping it to Shola to flick on to Ba in this game (given that we're missing Tiote, Cabaye, HBA and Saylor). It won't give Pardew the opportunity to send out the consistent team he wants to, but you don't always get what you want.

Krul

Simpson    Williams      Colo    Santon

Anita        Bigi        Perch    Jonas

Shola

Ba

I know Jonas won't attack (very) well on the left-wing, but he can defend there, which is realistically what this game will be about for us without a fit first team. Obertan and Cisse would be good options off the bench as we tire.

I think most of the pressure is off us by beating QPR. We've been poor this season, and no-one expects to get anything against Man U or Arsenal away. Nonetheless, there have been some positives in our recent games away to Fulham, Stoke, Wigan and Man City (H). Take all the positives from these games, put them together with a bit of belief, a committed performance and a gameplan, and perhaps a bit of luck and it's not out of the question that we surprise ourselves at the Emirates or OT. I'd be over the moon with a point from the next 6, but even if we lose let's hope for 2 performances to bring back a bit of confidence and push on against Everton (h) in the new year.

Despite how poor results have been this season, we are currently still just 5 points off Liverpool in 8th and 10 points off Arsenal in 3rd ( :iamatwat: ) . Assuming we lose these two, 20 points from 20 games, get hopefully 1 decent new signing in in January, Cabaye, Taylor and Arfa back and knocked out the EL at some point, we can still push on the premiership and salvage the season and finish top 10 at least.

Guest ItalianMagpie

I think most of the pressure is off us by beating QPR. We've been poor this season, and no-one expects to get anything against Man U or Arsenal away. Nonetheless, there have been some positives in our recent games away to Fulham, Stoke, Wigan and Man City (H). Take all the positives from these games, put them together with a bit of belief, a committed performance and a gameplan, and perhaps a bit of luck and it's not out of the question that we surprise ourselves at the Emirates or OT. I'd be over the moon with a point from the next 6, but even if we lose let's hope for 2 performances to bring back a bit of confidence and push on against Everton (h) in the new year.

Despite how poor results have been this season, we are currently still just 5 points off Liverpool in 8th and 10 points off Arsenal in 3rd ( :iamatwat: ) . Assuming we lose these two, 20 points from 20 games, get hopefully 1 decent new signing in in January, Cabaye, Taylor and Arfa back and knocked out the EL at some point, we can still push on the premiership and salvage the season and finish top 10 at least.

I'd rather have a go at EL than finishing top 10 in the league. 10th or 14th doesn't make so big a difference, while a good cup run (let alone winning the trophy) would bring a new enthusiasm around the club. THAT would salvage the season, imho.

I'd rather have a go at EL than finishing top 10 in the league. 10th or 14th doesn't make so big a difference, while a good cup run (let alone winning the trophy) would bring a new enthusiasm around the club. THAT would salvage the season, imho.

Agree, but more realistically I think we will get knocked out by Anzhi and end up finishing 9th, 10th or so. That would represent a disappointing, but not catastrophic season.