Man Utd vs Newcastle Utd - 26/12/12 @ 3pm

Beren

Guest ItalianMagpie

I think most of the pressure is off us by beating QPR. We've been poor this season, and no-one expects to get anything against Man U or Arsenal away. Nonetheless, there have been some positives in our recent games away to Fulham, Stoke, Wigan and Man City (H). Take all the positives from these games, put them together with a bit of belief, a committed performance and a gameplan, and perhaps a bit of luck and it's not out of the question that we surprise ourselves at the Emirates or OT. I'd be over the moon with a point from the next 6, but even if we lose let's hope for 2 performances to bring back a bit of confidence and push on against Everton (h) in the new year.

Despite how poor results have been this season, we are currently still just 5 points off Liverpool in 8th and 10 points off Arsenal in 3rd ( :iamatwat: ) . Assuming we lose these two, 20 points from 20 games, get hopefully 1 decent new signing in in January, Cabaye, Taylor and Arfa back and knocked out the EL at some point, we can still push on the premiership and salvage the season and finish top 10 at least.

I'd rather have a go at EL than finishing top 10 in the league. 10th or 14th doesn't make so big a difference, while a good cup run (let alone winning the trophy) would bring a new enthusiasm around the club. THAT would salvage the season, imho.

Agree, but more realistically I think we will get knocked out by Anzhi and end up finishing 9th, 10th or so. That would represent a disappointing, but not catastrophic season.

I know. Actually if come February we're still what we are now, I think we won't even get past Metalist tbh. Of course we'd still have the FA Cup but even if we beat Brighton (which I doubt at the moment) we'll get Man Utd/City/Chelsea/Arsenal away as usual and that's gonna be it.

I can't see any way for this season to be a good season, I just hope we'll bring new faces in in Jan and spend the remainder of it building a better future.

Guest ItalianMagpie

At least they'll be good and motivated having dropped points in their last game.

Easy peasy, 3-0 to them.

Yeah, I was hoping they'd win today, so we could have a little chance. Now there's no chance, they're not gonna drop points for two games in a row.

3-0

At least they'll be good and motivated having dropped points in their last game.

Easy peasy, 3-0 to them.

Yeah, I was hoping they'd win today, so we could have a little chance. Now there's no chance, they're not gonna drop points for two games in a row.

3-0

People said the same after they were beaten at home by Blackburn last season. Then we walloped them.

Easy peasy, 3-0 to them.

3-0

31th of December 2011:

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01430/Fergie_main_12_682_1430843a.jpg

4 days later:

http://www.themag.co.uk/assets/2012/01/AlexFerguson7.jpg

What we should see:

Krul                 

Williamson    Coloccini

Simpson                      Santon

Perch    Bigirimana

Anita

Obertan                      Marveaux

Ba

What we will see:

Krul                 

Williamson    Coloccini

Simpson                    Santon

Perch      Bigi

Anita                            Jonas

Cisse  Ba

Guest ItalianMagpie

Man U aren't some unstoppable force who turn up on any given day and just decide they're going to win, man :lol:

I think that's just what they are :lol:

In any case, it's just statistics, if you've been following football for long enough you know that it's rare for top teams to drop points against lesser teams in two or more games in a row. Of course it's not a rule and sometimes it doesn't go that way, but honestly looking at them and looking at us atm that seems a quite remote possibility.

Krul

Simpson

Coloccini

Williamson

Santon

Anita

Perch

Jonas

Cisse

Ba

Marveaux

With us losing Tiote, there is no way we will drop Jonas. Marveaux or Obertan in for Tiote, with Jonas dropping deep.

I agree and expect it to be Obertan who starts though with Marveuax coming on later t play against tired legs as i suspect Pardew thinks he isn't fit enough to start and is better as an impact sub, same as Shola.

Man U aren't some unstoppable force who turn up on any given day and just decide they're going to win, man :lol:

I think that's just what they are :lol

In any case, it's just statistics, if you've been following football for long enough you know that it's rare for top teams to drop points against lesser teams in two or more games in a row. Of course it's not a rule and sometimes it doesn't go that way, but honestly looking at them and looking at us atm that seems a quite remote possibility.

:naughty:

Guest ItalianMagpie

I think that's just what they are :lol

:naughty:

There you go  :coolsmiley:

What we should see:

Krul                 

Williamson    Coloccini

Perch    Bigirimana

Anita

Ba

What we will see:

Krul                 

Williamson    Coloccini

Perch      Bigi

Cisse  Ba

Thank god your not picking the team...Obertan ffs

Guest ItalianMagpie

What we should see:

Krul                 

Williamson    Coloccini

Perch    Bigirimana

Anita

Ba

What we will see:

Krul                 

Williamson    Coloccini

Perch      Bigi

Cisse  Ba

Both dreadful, tbh.

With those kind of midfields we could play for 4 days continuosly, and we would never score.

Not that we have so much of a choice anyway.

What we should see:

Krul                 

Williamson    Coloccini

Perch    Bigirimana

Anita

Ba

What we will see:

Krul                 

Williamson    Coloccini

Perch      Bigi

Cisse  Ba

Both dreadful, tbh.

With those kind of midfields we could play for 4 days continuosly, and we would never score.

Not that we have so much of a choice anyway.

Krul                 

Williamson    Coloccini

Biggi

Perch          Anita

Marv   

Cisse              Ba

We should go for the long ball as our primary tactic in this match. With any luck we'll kill a few of their players off which would give us a decent chance of a result.

:lol:

We can do that with well aimed clearances

Have to say I thought RVP would have been given extra FF bonus points for staying alive