Arsenal 7 - 3 Newcastle United - 29/12/12 - post-match reaction from page 55

Dave

Been okay IMO, but it was painfully obvious how they'd score with a slick pass in behind.

Problem is we can't win from behind, so if another goal goes in for them we're f***ed.

Nah, if we keep our performance up a goal will come. Ba and Cisse look to have the better of their centre-backs. We've passed it well and got into good positions but are just lacking that bit of end product. One good final ball and we'll be in the money.

Can someone with more football nous than I explain to me what may be the reason for playing a high-line against these speed merchants?

They'll get tired from scoring so many goals that we can sneak one in the 85th.

Ahh...I see.  We're thinking of goal difference if needed at the end of the season.

All our set pieces tend to look like our players have no idea where it's going so they all try to run at it where ever it goes. Very random approach as it never looks like we are going to naturally get on the end of the ball.

Why can't we always have one attacking near post and one attacking the far post? so if it's not nicely lofted in the centre we always have someone ready to pick it up.