Newcastle United v Everton - 02/01/13 @ 8pm (Live on Sky)

Guest neesy111

To be fair to Pardew he's clearly trained since Arsenal based on Ba starting, so this is no real surprise. He wouldn't change everything at the last minute. Disappointing yes, but not surprising.

Didn't think about that, if Shola starts the next game though  :lol:

Reckon it might be 4-4-2. My only thought is that we did exactly this (with Ba) in the second half successfully against Everton earlier in the season after getting absolutely panned doing the other in the first half and Anita has done OK on the right and will get back defensively.

Hopefully.

To be fair to Pardew he's clearly trained since Arsenal based on Ba starting, so this is no real surprise. He wouldn't change everything at the last minute. Disappointing yes, but not surprising.

When you've got a goal scoring CF why not play him there, then work out which other player could play wide right?

Reckon it might be 4-4-2. My only thought is that we did exactly this (with Ba) in the second half successfully against Everton earlier in the season after getting absolutely panned doing the other in the first half and Anita has done OK on the right and will get back defensively.

4-2-3-1 again according to the wrong once official Twitter.

Proper harsh of them to do the Demba Ba business now, tbh. They're not going to play him today, they've just deprived us of him against one of their potential CL rivals.

Could have nabbed him before the FA cup game to stop him from being cup-tied. Twats :lol:

Wow, besides Shola's inexplicable inclusion, that looks a tad offensive no? None of those front four will be any help defensively. Can't see this working in an attacking sense with Cisse out wide and Shola up top, but neither does it anything to help shore up a very vulnerable defense. :idiot2:

To add to that, playing Shola from the start also robs us from our only plan B in case things don't work out as planned. Don't know what Pardew is thinking here.

Bollocks he has. This transfer didn't just come out of the fucking blue man! He should have been prepared for all eventualities. Besides, this is top level professional football! Not the fucking theater!

Sorry man, nothing personal. I'm just livid with the decision to keep playing the same old tired shit.

I'm sort of ok with this if it's a 4-4-2 because there aren't too many other options. Who would play on the right if Cisse was lone striker?

Sammy?

Obertan even though he's been good on the left recently?

Add in Bigi and have Anita play a little wider?

Ranger?  :lol:

None of these are ideal.

The Looney Toon ‏@The_Looney_Toon

Reason cisse is starting out wide is because that was the original game plan which included ba . Cisse to start up top in next games

Hope he's f*cking right hasn't steered me wrong so far but twitter is twitter.

Bollocks he has. This transfer didn't just come out of the fucking blue man! He should have been prepared for all eventualities. Besides, this is top level professional football! Not the fucking theater!

Sorry man, nothing personal. I'm just livid with the decision to keep playing the same old tired shit.

As of yesterday Pardew said he expected Ba to start this match. I don't disagree that he could have prepared for Ba going, but we all know Pardew's a very 'safety first' manager.

We watched Cisse walk into our squad after a days training with his new team mates to score a cracking volley with his left foot, you start him up front and he tends to do that. Regardless of what we've been training for, we would be far better off playing an actual winger on the wing and our number 9 up front.

I'm sort of ok with this if it's a 4-4-2 because there aren't too many other options. Who would play on the right if Cisse was lone striker?

Sammy?

None of these are ideal.

I think I'd rather play Danny Simpson there rather than waste Cisse out wide.

I think that's the point a lot of people seem to be missing.

One thing Shola does better than Ba is hold the ball up, should give Obertan, Marv and Cisse more time to join from deep - thinking positive!

Sammy?

None of these are ideal.

Shola has done alright on the wing actually, maybe that's it. Or they'll be switching positions as they go.

To add to that, playing Shola from the start also robs us from our only plan B in case things don't work out as planned. Don't know what Pardew is thinking here.

I didn't think that we had a Plan B.  Unless that's what Pardew is doing when he's throwing on random sustitutes for any player except Jonas.