Other clubs' kits (2023/24)

Toon Hoser

37 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Very on-brand for me, this, but I'm so sick of the dumbing-down of club iconography just cos it's easier to reproduce ultra-minimalist stuff. Even the removal of the word Adidas is annoying. 

Hope everyone's looking forward to the basic bitch 2D magpie in our future. 

I’m so sick of the relentless drive for profit to the detriment of everything else. Everything everywhere is just being so relentlessly squeezed just so that a couple of cunts can continue to coin it in when they’ve already got more than enough. /rant

Just now, LV said:
40 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Very on-brand for me, this, but I'm so sick of the dumbing-down of club iconography just cos it's easier to reproduce ultra-minimalist stuff. Even the removal of the word Adidas is annoying. 

I’m so sick of the relentless drive for profit to the detriment of everything else. Everything everywhere is just being so relentlessly squeezed just so that a couple of cunts can continue to coin it in when they’ve already got more than enough. /rant

:lol: that's basically it, aye. Specific examples aside, it's the approach you've outlined which is at the heart of my rankle: a continuous effort to minimalise and dumb-down whilst the price of these things actually goes in the other direction. 

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Can’t believe there’s people actually want us to change our club crest. Football is turning soulless as it is without that shit. 

Can't believe Nike are persisting with that horrific curved template which everyone without exception has to have. Looks horrendous with stripes and obviously profoundly un-unique, which is plain wrong. 

State of the kit world these days. Ah dunno.

13 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Can't believe Nike are persisting with that horrific curved template which everyone without exception has to have. Looks horrendous with stripes and obviously profoundly un-unique, which is plain wrong. 

State of the kit world these days. Ah dunno.

With Nike & Sunderland’s connection since the early 1980s and the Nike base in the area (is it still there?) you’d have thought they’d try harder on their kits. Awful this one. 

mind you the Nike kits they had when we had Robert and Bellamy were quite lush. 

Shame the shirt is terrible - but Chelsea fans have lucked out there with their sponsorship issues meaning they can buy one without a front sponsor. Would love it if that happened to us. They'll get one (and the money that comes with it) soon enough, but works out for the fans.

Edited by LiquidAK