Newcastle United 1 - 2 Everton - 02/01/13 - post-match reaction from page 53

Dave

Guest diddimz

Amazing goal there, Tiote has cost us again though

What?

Thought Tiote had brought him down, normally a fairly good assumption

Next time use your eyes..

Tiote was responsible though, yeah it was soft, boolong should know that he has to be careful, refs are easy to foul him.

Not sure Shola's adding much to our play.

Started well, but faded badly after 20 minutes (quelle surprise!). Take him off for Bigi, go 433.

I agree. Shola's not even doing much in the way of defending from their set pieces. I'd get him off.

He's won at least one in there, doing okay all around. Not great or anything.

HT: 1-1. Can't see us getting anything today. Everton are just too good.

No better than us though if we take the game to the opposition for once instead of sitting back and trying to stop them playing. We need them to have to react to us, you know, front-foot football and all that....

We're just too good, too good that it's 1-1 and have looked an absolute mess whenever you've got the ball into our box. :lol:

Are we so thick as to not be able to make a last-minute change and let Cisse play through the middle?

Fucking come on.  Get Shola off, put Cisse up top, move Marveaux or Anita out right, bring Bigi on.

We need serious help.

Was the FK not given for Coloccini's hand in Fellaini's back when they were challenging for the ball? Hard to tell on my stream as it jolted past him going down, figured that was what had been given though.

Guest andrew

Nobody criticising Krul? Ball went in near middle of the goal and he jumped to his left before the kick. Should never go in if he stays where he's supposed to be.

Don't be daft man it was Tiote's fault apparently.

Dive from Fellaini this time but every time Tiote pulls on the shirt he is largely gash, tbf, including today (even if it is a slight improvement on Arsenal)

Shola has been total garbage, like.

------------------ Bigi ------ Tiote ------------------

-- Marveaux -------- Anita ---------- Obertan --

------------------------ Cisse ------------------------

... sooner rather than later please.

Amazing goal there, Tiote has cost us again though

What?

Thought Tiote had brought him down, normally a fairly good assumption

Next time use your eyes..

Tiote was responsible though, yeah it was soft, but he hold know that he has to be careful, refs are easy to foul him.

He didn't touch him man.

Was the FK not given for Coloccini's hand in Fellaini's back when they were challenging for the ball? Hard to tell on my stream as it jolted past him going down, figured that was what had been given though.

Exactly right.

Shola has been total garbage, like.

------------------ Bigi ------ Tiote ------------------

-- Marveaux -------- Anita ---------- Obertan --

------------------------ Cisse ------------------------

... sooner rather than later please.

I'd make the same change after 60 minutes, but think that's a bit harsh. He's done okay in parts.

Exactly right.

That's what i had gathered.

Think Tiote's been fairly pants in spite of that debate, however.

Shola for Ba, but basically we have the same performance. We look very nervous in possession and lack fluency through the midfield.

I've lost count of the number or times when we get a turnover, and end up passing the ball back to Krul after half a dozen nervous passes designed to keep rather than use possession.