Newcastle United 1 - 2 Everton - 02/01/13 - post-match reaction from page 53

Dave

Cisse in our own defensive area, ffs sake.  he should be prowling the halfway line making their centrebacks work.

Fcking Pardew.

Still f***ing fuming at the stupidity of this.

Total waste of a player.

Regardless of their goal pardew needs to get tiote off. He is conceding far too much cheap possession. Our ball retention is shocking and it is making it easy for dverton. If we keep playing like this they have 3 points in the bag

Guest andrew

HT: 1-1. Can't see us getting anything today. Everton are just too good.

Yep- they have much more height and have wicked set play delivery and loads of bodies in the box at every chance, whenever they pump it in it terrifies me tbh.

If Cisse doesn't score that goal, honestly, people would be furious right now.

To think I actually joked about Pardew lining up like this earlier today.

Feel sick about it now though.

What goes through the guys mind? Against one of the best left hand sides in the premier league?

How can this be justified in any kind of way.

How can he not know that this is a horrible decision.

I cant understand it ... it's frustrating the heck out of me.

No better than us though if we take the game to the opposition for once instead of sitting back and trying to stop them playing. We need them to have to react to us, you know, front-foot football and all that....

Guest Eggenberger

No idea why we have Cisse tracking back to do defensive work, but then again I dont want Ben Arfa doing it either - you dont want or need everyone grafting and working up tired legs

Really? They are a hard working team but they are not top 4 material. We need to match their work rate which we largely did in the first half. Problem is Pardew's stupid lop sided 'formations' more than anything.

Fucking sick of these cheap free kicks being given against us when we don't get the same treatment at the other end.

Been saying it for years, our strikers are constantly fouled, climbed upon and pushed and we get about 1 in 10 legitimate fouls, compared to the 8/10 the away side normally get. It's fucking annoying.

Shola Ameobi and Jason Roberts could get flayed with whips for 90 minutes and not win a free-kick. Massive prejudice against them IMO.

Nobody criticising Krul? Ball went in near middle of the goal and he jumped to his left before the kick. Should never go in if he stays where he's supposed to be.

Don't be daft man it was Tiote's fault apparently.

Not sure Shola's adding much to our play.

Started well, but faded badly after 20 minutes (quelle surprise!). Take him off for Bigi, go 433.

I agree. Shola's not even doing much in the way of defending from their set pieces. I'd get him off.