Newcastle United 1 - 2 Everton - 02/01/13 - post-match reaction from page 53

Dave

I can't remember the last time I felt this sick after a match. Now drinking Leffe in the Five Swans in the hope it will numb the pain.

For the first time this season I'm seriously worried  :(

Must be bad if you are drinking Leffe

Leffe is Nectar my friend. Would greatly wash down the shit sandwich I've had to devour for the last 90 minutes.

I can't remember the last time I felt this sick after a match. Now drinking Leffe in the Five Swans in the hope it will numb the pain.

Leffe is Nectar my friend. Would greatly wash down the s*** sandwich I've had to devour for the last 90 minutes.

http://esther.barquet.eresmas.net/COLECCION/Holanda/Ace%20Federation%20Lager.jpg

Leffe is Nectar my friend. Would greatly wash down the s*** sandwich I've had to devour for the last 90 minutes.

http://esther.barquet.eresmas.net/COLECCION/Holanda/Ace%20Federation%20Lager.jpg

3.4% dogs piss, not a beer at all.

People saying Anita isn't neat with the ball can go fuck themselves.

Just call me out directly if you have to :lol:

If you can't see that Anita is all about his athleticism coupled with an average level of footballing ability you are blind.

Eventually, we play to our strengths and play it long, and were unlucky not to get an equaliser. It might be ugly, but in the absence of our more skilful players we don't have much choice.

We've got skill, flair and close-control in the squad.

Really? In the midfield and attack, I'd say we have three players that I'd call skilful - Marveaux, Ben Arfa and Cabaye. Four if you count Sammy, who's a bit raw. The rest all struggle to keep and use the ball when deprived of time and space. In the absence of two of those players, the balance isn't right.

Anita struggles to keep or use the ball when deprived of time?, really?

Anita isn't that neat on the ball, in truth he probably isn't that much better than Tiote... who does have it in him to play like an actual footballer, somewhere inside.

:o

How many times did he lose the ball today?

Guest Wally_McFool

Nearly all of the Newcastle team tonight are and were neat with the ball.

They just happened to be fuckin' clueless when they never had it.

Eventually, we play to our strengths and play it long, and were unlucky not to get an equaliser. It might be ugly, but in the absence of our more skilful players we don't have much choice.

Really? In the midfield and attack, I'd say we have three players that I'd call skilful - Marveaux, Ben Arfa and Cabaye. Four if you count Sammy, who's a bit raw. The rest all struggle to keep and use the ball when deprived of time and space. In the absence of two of those players, the balance isn't right.

He's not the worst we've got, but he's not what you'd call a skilful player and he should be in the anchor role.

Ahhh fed ace, cut my teeth on this - 3 cans for a £1.  Memories  :lol:

People saying Anita isn't neat with the ball can go f*** themselves.

If you can't see that Anita is all about his athleticism coupled with an average level of footballing ability you are blind.

I must be blind. Fucking hell!

If you can't see that Anita is all about his athleticism coupled with an average level of footballing ability you are blind. That's not to say that he's a bad player, I'm just saying his has his limitations. He'd make a good box to box but he's never going to be a playmaker.

What a fucking moron.

Gutted by the performance and effort today, ref didn't help but that doesn't change a poor performance from us. Realistically though we were playing 5th placed who were pretty much playing their strongest team.

We need big players in during the window to lift us, whether that will happen or not I'm not sure.

He's not the worst we've got, but he's not what you'd call a skilful player and he should be in the anchor role.

He's not a flair player no, but he's very neat on the ball, very good first touch and makes the right decisions with his passing to retain possession.

Anita isn't that neat on the ball, in truth he probably isn't that much better than Tiote... who does have it in him to play like an actual footballer, somewhere inside.

Is that the definition of a skilful player?

Part of the problem with the midfield was that we were spending so much time fighting to keep the ball by playing it sideways and backwards when under the least bit of pressure. Marveaux was the only one comfortable in possession who could lift his head up, take his time and play the ball into the feet of player further forward.

People saying Anita isn't neat with the ball can go f*** themselves.

I must be blind. Fucking hell!

I'm not saying he's a bad player, I'm saying he has limitations. He'd make a good box-to-box midfielder, but he'll never be a playmaker.

He wasn't particularly useful with the ball today either.

Really don't know how anyone can say he should be limited to such a role. He's the closest thing we've got to a box-to-boxer; i'd have him deep as a starting position but not completely restricted. He keeps the ball better than anyone else in the side.

I agree with Ikon. Anitas problem sometimes is he gets caught out on the ball but that's due to the difference in speed of the game. Will take him time to adapt and he is still playing decently moving around a lot.

During all this crap we have at least seen 3 players grow into better players in midfield, Marv, Bigi and Anita have all proven they are players who can play at this level to a certain extent. Tiote has been the biggest disappointment this season this far. Can't wait for him to go to the ACON and get his head back on track.

Is that the definition of a skilful player?

Part of the problem with the midfield was that we were spending so much time fighting to keep the ball by playing it sideways and backwards when under the least bit of pressure. Marveaux was the only one comfortable in possession who could lift his head up, take his time and play the ball into the feet of player further forward.

Nobody is mentioning skill other than you for some absurd reason.

Well that was depressing...again.

Interested to see the team v Brighton, I honestly couldn't give a fuck if we go out I'm far too worried about the league.  I would say don't risk ANY of the first team that's going to face Norwich, but it doesn't even matter considering how piss poor we are at the min anyway.

Still starting shola after all these years man ffs

3.4% dogs p*ss, not a beer at all.

Like I was super serial

Just back in from the game. We started brightly, but as soon as Everton equalized there was only going to be one winner. You could see any belief drain out of the players. :( A lack of leadership (on and off the park), totally lost our shape again towards the end.

Pardew has to turn this around quickly - it's simply not good enough, but I will say that he is working with his hands tied behind his back (by Ashley) How long will this awful run go on for, before something is done?