Newcastle United 1 - 2 Everton - 02/01/13 - post-match reaction from page 53

Dave

I don't see us beating Norwich :(

It depends. If Cabaye is back he might make the difference. Our recent run of form has been the same period he's been injured. That's my last straw of hope any way.

Even if he's back there'll be no way he'll do the full 90 I'd have thought.

Krul hoofs the ball to Shola who loses the ball Everton clear the ball.

Same again, and again for 95mins....................................................................  :idiot2:

The one or two times we actually got it down to Marveaux or Sammy we actually looked like doing something.

Shola centre forward and Cisse right wing, UNBELIEVABLE!!!! :rant:

Not sure anyone had a good game particularly tonight which says it all, a few were alright in fits and starts or started and then faded but no-one from our mob grabbed the game by the balls. In contrast, I thought Osman was superb for them and Fellaini got better as the game went on.

Marveaux and Obertan made reasonable attempts, Shola tried as well.

The thing about Everton is they didn't need to rely on individuals trying to change a game on their own.

It depends. If Cabaye is back he might make the difference. Our recent run of form has been the same period he's been injured. That's my last straw of hope any way.

We lost 2 games before he got injured, he's the glue that holds this whole team together..... i don't think people realise how important he is even now.

Without him we can't defend, control, battle, create and to some extent score.

Not sure anyone had a good game particularly tonight which says it all, a few were alright in fits and starts or started and then faded but no-one from our mob grabbed the game by the balls. In contrast, I thought Osman was superb for them and Fellaini got better as the game went on.

The thing about Everton is they didn't need to rely on individuals trying to change a game on their own.

Baines' 35 yard free kick was a bit of a game-changer surely?

We lost 2 games before he got injured, he's the glue that holds this whole team together..... i don't think people realise how important he is even now.

The 2 we lost before his injury were to Chelsea and Man Utd. Since he's been injured we've become addicted to losing.

Yes it was, but they were tearing into us time after time anyway. It was practically inevitable.

Yes it was, but they were tearing into us time after time anyway. It was practically inevitable.

Correction: Martin Atkinson was tearing into us time after time.

We were decent before the goal.

The 2 we lost before his injury were to Chelsea and Man Utd. Since he's been injured we've become addicted to losing.

Aye.

Ref killed the game tonight - BUT that aside we still lack any shape.

I pray we get another striker cause Shola has to be one of the most frustrating players.  Was like a statue tonight - he's unbelievably lazy just doesn't move and I lost count the number of fouls he gave away.

We also imo need another creative force in midfield - there was just nothing there tonight.  We had so much wasted space in the middle of the park with no one there to take advantage.

Finally please god let us get a quality CB - every time Williamson gets the ball some calamity happens.

Correction: Martin Atkinson was tearing into us time after time.

We were decent before the goal.

Those passing moves between Pienaar, Baines, Fellaini and Jelavic were happening in open play, although granted the ref did make their job easier.

I'm just saying what Karjala just said in a different way, we're over-reliant on players having a good day whereas teams like Everton could probably carry Pienaar/Fellaini having an off day.

Good point.

His replacements have done reasonably well when they've played. The problem area isn't centre midfield, it's defence, full backs and wide. It was before he was injured and it is now.

Christ I didn't realise we had only lost 2 pre-Cabaye injury. He wasn't even playing well it seemed either but christ we have just collapsed since losing him (taylor and ben arfa to a lesser extent too)

Seething after that, not been so angry after a match for a long time. Mainly because Shola inexcusably played 90 despite looking comatose after half an hour. There's no plan there at all, it's all about hoping for individuals, why the hell we didn't give Marveaux more of the ball was beyond me, he was our only threatening player and yet completely bypassed him for the majority of the match.