Newcastle United 1 - 2 Everton - 02/01/13 - post-match reaction from page 53

Dave

Atkinson handed set piece after set piece to them on a f***ing plate until they decided to score one. Ridiculous.

Heads dropped leading to a pathetic performance after going 2-1 down but it wouldn't have got to the point if the ref wasn't wearing a blue shirt.

Yeah, we was shit but quite frankly the main reason we didn't get anything was the ref....

Don't usually say that but Atkinson was a f*cking joke.

No Shola from now on. Please dear god.

Everton won the second ball every bloody time, you wouldn't think we're the ones fighting for our lives. THey always had an outlet for the break, a very well drilled, organised team who had it seriously easy for themselves from the minute we scored. Santon was terrible for the second goal, nobody had a good game for us tbh. No point in talking about our style of play, we all know how it goes/went.

Absolutely devastated by this, we're in huge, huge trouble. All the results we need this weekend went our way but we blew it. At the same time we lose a massively influential player, we're blowing leads week in week out, playing a very poor quality of football with a good bunch of players under a clueless manager- it's all just so similar to the relegation season.

Get Debuchy and (not expecting) a couple of others and we should manage to crawl on our hands and knees over the line. Heartbreaking.

I just cant understand how we all knew taking Oberan off was a bad move yet Pardew thought it was a good idea. Are we missing something? 

I would have took shola off and played Obertan as a roaming second striker...

Shaken somewhat from my Pardew-induced apathy tonight by the bent as a fifteen-bob note performance from the referee.

Also, Everton are an absolute bunch of cowards. How disappointing.

Biggest let-down tonight was Colo. Fucking shit on their second goal.

The whole team needs a rest. We're just pissing away Premier League games here and wasting a fuckload of energy and injuries to boot. Now is the perfect time to bring in a decent manager. Someone who can con the group into believing their bodies aren't tired, and our season isn't a shipwreck just yet.

Even when our "big" players do come back over the next month, they're going to be playing with walking corpses who are dead on their feet.

Thankful for the FA cup. About 50/50 we'll go out, but I'd play all youth. Dummett/Newton/whoever the fuck isn't on loan. We'll lose, but at least it's not another lost PL game.

Absolutely gutted about this result. I thought when Cisse scored his goal, this was going to be good omen. Fuck me our defence  was utter shit, what must Debuchy be thinking up there in the stands.

Shaken somewhat from my Pardew-induced apathy tonight by the bent as a fifteen-bob note performance from the referee.

Biggest let-down tonight was Colo. f***ing s*** on their second goal.

The whole team needs a rest. We're just pissing away Premier League games here and wasting a fuckload of energy and injuries to boot. Now is the perfect time to bring in a decent manager. Someone who can con the group into believing their bodies aren't tired, and our season isn't a shipwreck just yet.

Even when our "big" players do come back over the next month, they're going to be playing with walking corpses who are dead on their feet.

Thankful for the FA cup. About 50/50 we'll go out, but I'd play all youth. Dummett/Newton/whoever the f*** isn't on loan. We'll lose, but at least it's not another lost PL game.

Yep, kick all comps into touch and focus on the prem

Fucking shameful, fucking shameful.

Tiote should never play for this club again, Williamson should never play for this club again and they need to seriously fine Santon for his performances.

Pardew needs to take a fucking long hard look at himself, once again he has decided to take off our only player who attacking (Obertan) for a defensive minded player. Shola, how the fuck has he managed to be at this club for so long?, if we weren't so low on numbers I'd tell him to piss off.

In fact if I was Pardew I'd have thrown Tiote's and Williamson's stuff out of the dressing room and told them never to come back, don't even bother fucking bother coming back for training.

There was no urgency at all from our players today, even when we were a goal down with little time left there was just no urgency.

The game was made harder by the fact that the referee gave them every single decision which lead to them just throwing themselves to floor whenever they didn't have the ball, the referee and Everton's diving antics should be investigated by the FA but we all know they won't be.

I was saying to my stepdad when the clash of heads happened that at some point their is going to be situation of "boy who cried wolf" and one time when someone is seriously hurt it's just going to be ignored because of diving antics that are happening now.

As for us, Pardew really needs to grow some balls, drop the players who aren't performing, Santon, Tiote (off to the ACN now in anyway), Simpson, Shola, Williamson, it's either that or face us dropping needless points. 

No chance with that bench, tbh. Fellaini was massive for them. Couldn't get near the lanky t*** all night.

Complete difference maker. He is a midfielder that can physically dominate the midfield and play in general. We don't have anyone like that currently, which restricts us to bypassing midfield through long ball or trying to play down the wings. It is not a new problem either, its been the case for a year and a half.

The last ten minutes were equally as shameful as the end of the Arsenal game. Players were standing around doing nothing in our own box, we couldn't pass, no one was moving. Shola was his unique s*** self, Williamson was too busy hugging players arms to defend, Krul and Colo were on a mission to see who could launch the ball furthest down field with every touch and everyone else could care less.

There was no effort or creativity bar Sammy. Everyone in the club should be ashamed at themselves. To be honest I think, by now, they already are. The bigger problem is how long they dwell on their shortcomings and if they are actually arsed to do anything about it other than mope around. If its the latter then rejoining the Championship is a real possibility.  I still don't think that will happen but finishing top half is a stretch at this stage. Horrible Horrible, totally avoidable situation.

Tiote should never play for this club again, Williamson should never play for this club again and they need to seriously fine Santon for his performances.

Pardew needs to take a fucking long hard look at himself, once again he has decided to take off our only player who attacking (Obertan) for a defensive minded player. Shola, how the fuck has he managed to be at this club for so long?, if we weren't so low on numbers I'd tell him to piss off.

In fact if I was Pardew I'd have thrown Tiote's and Williamson's stuff out of the dressing room and told them never to come back, don't even bother fucking bother coming back for training.

There was no urgency at all from our players today, even when we were a goal down with little time left there was just no urgency.

The game was made harder by the fact that the referee gave them every single decision which lead to them just throwing themselves to floor whenever they didn't have the ball, the referee and Everton's diving antics should be investigated by the FA but we all know they won't be.

I was saying to my stepdad when the clash of heads happened that at some point their is going to be situation of "boy who cried wolf" and one time when someone is seriously hurt it's just going to be ignored because of diving antics that are happening now.

As for us, Pardew really needs to grow some balls, drop the players who aren't performing, Santon, Tiote (off to the ACN now in anyway), Simpson, Shola, Williamson, it's either that or face us dropping needless points. 

http://i49.tinypic.com/2moph52.jpg

Guest Wally_McFool

Biggest let-down tonight was Colo. Fucking shit on their second goal.

Yer confusing Colo with that big lanky piece of piss of a centre half whose surname starts with W, who was fuckin hopelessly outpaced and marking fresh air when the cross came in

Biggest let-down tonight was Colo. f***ing s*** on their second goal.

Thankful for the FA cup. About 50/50 we'll go out, but I'd play all youth. Dummett/Newton/whoever the f*** isn't on loan. We'll lose, but at least it's not another lost PL game.

Yep, kick all comps into touch and focus on the prem

Agree with yous, has to be done now. Absolutely awful season.

Very typical of recent performances, and we can't be surprised at the result.

We start off trying to play 4-3-3 but the midfield and wide players lack the skill needed to play the ball comfortably on the deck. We should play either Anita or Tiote, not both, and there is no point in playing Cisse out wide. We struggled to keep possession, let alone use it.

Eventually, we play to our strengths and play it long, and were unlucky not to get an equaliser. It might be ugly, but in the absence of our more skilful players we don't have much choice.

The bright spots were Marveaux, once again, and the 10 minutes that Sammy gave us. People have been writing the lad off too early.

Don't you wish sometimes that you could just change your allegiance, I really just feel now like giving up on this f***ing club. It's the same s*** they put us through rotating through crap years interspersed with the odd good year where they come close to challenging for stuff to keep us interested. I'm fed up with it, it ruins my mood and my day, I wish it didn't bother me so much but it does and I'm stuck with them no matter what they do. It's like crack it really, it's terribly bad for you but you have to keep coming back for more.

:anguish:

TBH this season I've felt similar, I'm not as interested in our games as I cant be arsed to be pissed off, if we had a shit side and we played shit fair enough, we've got a good enough squad to be much higher than we are and tbf I don't think any game we've won this season we've actually deserved to more sheer luck.  Pardew needs to go, its clear we did well last season because we shocked people with how good our players are.  Our players are just as good but have no direction, you get good individual performances but bollocks as a team.  IF we take the lead they are ordered to sit back and defend instead of pushing.  We'll always score goals because we have outstanding attackers, we also have outstanding defenders but defence isn't about a spark of brilliance, its about disciplined game plans which we do not have.

Spot on.

Pardew doesn't understand how to set the team up to control games, we let them back into the game with stupid niggly foul after stupid niggly foul. As soon as they were ahead the whole plan was to hoof it.

The Obertan off for Bigi substitution was totally bizarre. Our chances need to revolve around our creative players making them, rather than long balls up to Shola. The ref hardly helped but I struggle to see we deserved anything from this. We are going down.

:jesuswept:

Guest firetotheworks

I dunno who was worse, us or Martin Atkinson. Either way Im sickened. It's not fucking good enough. Nowhere near.