Newcastle United 1 - 2 Everton - 02/01/13 - post-match reaction from page 53

Dave

Shola is fine. As a sub on the 75th.

Blame the clueless chump who looks smart and suit with his dossiers on how well other teams perform rather than concetrate on any philosophy of his own. Blame the wheeler dealer owners who are stubborn bastards and stick to a spending plan that makes the ConDems look like Richie fucking rich. If Debuchy coming in is the sum of our ambition then they need to book their ideas up. The ideas vaccum that is Pardew and the investment one that are Ashley, Llabias et al are as toxic a combination as the spend-happy toxic mess that was Shepherd and Souness et. al.

There was a real platform to push on last season with individual brilliance from the many talented players that we do have papering over this whole mess. Dross of last season like Villa and Liverpool have improved in some way and our stagnant stance is costing us dearly. So fucking oig sick right now. Put your money where your mouths are. Get some investment and if you pertain to be a disciple of tactics and preparation then get on with it and get us playing football that wins games...unless of course your another jobs for the boys bullshitter the likes we've alreay had in abundance.

Tiote is not shite and nor is Santon. I think there's a bit of mass hysteria going on here about those two right now. Williamson however....

The lack of a decent cb to partner Colo is def the problem along with us sitting back and conceding the initiative all the time. Plus some of Pardew's dodgy 'tactical' substitutions.

Eventually, we play to our strengths and play it long, and were unlucky not to get an equaliser. It might be ugly, but in the absence of our more skilful players we don't have much choice.

I think literally the opposite to everything you've just said there. They're not our strengths, Pardew has just made us believe that. We've got skill, flair and close-control in the squad - and we looked completely bereft of ideas once the manager had us booting it long.

He withdrew Obertan immediately after he looked the only player capable of getting into the box and shooting.

Yep, Anita, Marvaux, Cisse ect, all need the ball to feet, but Shola needs it high so lets hoof..

Special mentions to Tiote and Williamson, who were both horrific tonight. Sick of the sight of them.

Tiote's actually has more bad games than good at this club and has got away with it for far too long because he tends to do well in the televised games against the big teams. I'd sell him in a second.

:thup:

I'm not convinced players coming back and signings being made will fix this mess either Pardew will just limit them like he limits everyone else.

Also I don't want to spoil the anger fest in here but did we just lose hopelessly at home against QPR?, because you'd think so from the reactions here.

At home against Everton, who in no way shape or form was anything more than decent today. We should be getting points here.  But no, we were set up badly, and we played likewise. Anger fest is in it's place.

Eventually, we play to our strengths and play it long, and were unlucky not to get an equaliser. It might be ugly, but in the absence of our more skilful players we don't have much choice.

We've got skill, flair and close-control in the squad.

Really? In the midfield and attack, I'd say we have three players that I'd call skilful - Marveaux, Ben Arfa and Cabaye. Four if you count Sammy, who's a bit raw. The rest all struggle to keep and use the ball when deprived of time and space. In the absence of two of those players, the balance isn't right.

Shaken somewhat from my Pardew-induced apathy tonight by the bent as a fifteen-bob note performance from the referee.

Also, Everton are an absolute bunch of cowards. How disappointing.

Biggest let-down tonight was Colo. f***ing s*** on their second goal.

I know Coloccini is held to a different standard due to his quality but Santon was most to blame for their second.  As usual watching the ball with no idea where the player he should be marking is until its too late.

to be fair even the best defenders get caught when a player is on their shoulder like that, it's an either or situation and he got done. Have to wonder why we have one forward of putting a defender in that position and he's playing out wide.

We are starting to use the ball better, at last using marveaux but our defending has gone to shit and oh, we could have been 2 up as the tackle on shola was a pen.

Really? In the midfield and attack, I'd say we have three players that I'd call skilful - Marveaux, Ben Arfa and Cabaye. Four if you count Sammy, who's a bit raw. The rest all struggle to keep and use the ball when deprived of time and space. In the absence of two of those players, the balance isn't right.

Anita is excellent on the ball and Obertan is looking far better recently, even discounting him though, 4 forward thinking technically gifted midfielders is probably more than most.

How are so many people just blaming the ref for our loss? The team and Pardew have to take the blame for this one. Second half subs showed the workings of a mad man. Those subs... incredible. John Carver will do a better job from the current showing.

Because as soon as we got passed the half way line they were given a free kick for nothing, as soon as they got passed the half way line and lost the ball they were given a free kick.

We got away with two good goals scored by Everton earlier in the season.  As has been said earlier a dodgy refereeing display does not detract from an absolutely shocking performance by the players tonight.  This was always on the cards in not strengthening a wafer thin squad in the summer.  Fatty has gambled and I think he's lost as at this rate we are going down. 

Anita is excellent on the ball and Obertan is looking far better recently, even discounting him though, 4 forward thinking technically gifted midfielders is probably more than most.

No. Anita is a decent all-round midfielder but he is not 'excellent' on the ball. He should be in the DM position instead of Tiote, or at RB. Obertan is playing with far more confidence but his close control is not good and he needs space to operate.

Tiote is not shite and nor is Santon. I think there's a bit of mass hysteria going on here about those two right now. Williamson however....

The lack of a decent cb to partner Colo is def the problem along with us sitting back and conceding the initiative all the time. Plus some of Pardew's dodgy 'tactical' substitutions.

Tell me of a game where Tiote has played well in this season?

Santon isn't crap, we all know that but his performances over the last few games have been just as bad if not as worse than Simpsons.

Lost for words, just gutted and devastated and fuck knows.

Aye. And meanwhile those running the club simply don't appear as though they're giving a shit. Just sauntering on to the next game and the next piss poor show. When that's over, on to the next. There's no plan whatsoever atm, just apparent blind faith that we'll be ok. Seriously concerning.

Also I don't want to spoil the anger fest in here but did we just lose hopelessly at home against QPR?, because you'd think so from the reactions here.

At home against Everton, who in no way shape or form was anything more than decent today. We should be getting points here.  But no, we were set up badly, and we played likewise. Anger fest is in it's place.

Yeah at home against top 5th place Everton, and yes we should have gotten something because we put in the energy to close them down well and created quite a few clear cut chances, but yet again stupid mistakes cost us and of course that makes me angry  But the way some people are posting you'd think we just lost 1:0 to QPR and created nothing.  I'm angry, for many reasons.  Pardews insane tactics and certain players fucking up yet again.  But I don't get the "embarrassing" and "toothless" stuff, and mental rants about players never playing for us again, its nonsense.

Anita struggles to keep or use the ball when deprived of time?, really?

I can't remember the last time I felt this sick after a match. Now drinking Leffe in the Five Swans in the hope it will numb the pain.

For the first time this season I'm seriously worried  :(

Must be bad if you are drinking Leffe

Anita struggles to keep or use the ball when deprived of time?, really?

Anita isn't that neat on the ball, in truth he probably isn't that much better than Tiote... who does have it in him to play like an actual footballer, somewhere inside.