Newcastle United 1 - 2 Everton - 02/01/13 - post-match reaction from page 53

Dave

Small time of the Everton fans to chant Demba Ba's name. Scouse mackems.

Karma will bite their arses when they lose Fellaini and Baines.

Man City buying Jack Rodwell for £19m was so lucky.

Sammy needs to go out on loan, he is so frustrating. Better not have another Shola on our hands.

Painfully obvious it's what he needs.

Eh? I thought Sammy was one of our more sane subs, and he did well when he came on. Putting Bigi and Ranger on seemed a lot more confused to me.

He was but he's miles away from being a Premiership footballer at the minute. He needs pretty much an entire season at a lower level to smooth out his rough edges and build on what he's good at. Only regular competitive football and real pressure to perform week in, week out gives you that. Otherwise he'll float around being 'promising but raw'.

Anyone thinking otherwise is basically just wrong, ultimately.

Guest Eggenberger

Everton don't deserve any media wankfest BTW, they are an average team at best, relying heavily on Felliani to win their many long balls. Thought they were depressing tonight.

They were a better team than us, away and looked very comfortable by the end. What does that make us by your reasoning?

Pardew interview up on skysports btw

Didn't get close to putting in a tackle or block that whole move for their second goal.

Small time of the Everton fans to chant Demba Ba's name. Scouse mackems.

Karma will bite their arses when they lose Fellaini and Baines.

Man City buying Jack Rodwell for £19m was so lucky.

More so than us getting £35m for Carroll? Only £15m anyway according to the rags.

Clueless from Santon tbh.

Not a centre back tbh, we were horribly out of shape.

We were, but he was totally useless. He's supposed to be a defender first and foremost.

Positionally it's very different, angles etc.

Guest neesy111

Clueless from Santon tbh.

Not a centre back tbh, we were horribly out of shape.

We were, but he was totally useless. He's supposed to be a defender first and foremost.

He hasn't done much defending the last month.  Not having Jonas there to back him up has really shown how poor he is defensively.

Guest Eggenberger

I dont particularily rate Santon - yet.

Lacks end product and suspect defensively. That said he is still young. Great engine too.

On the balance of play, Everton definitely deserved their win tonight. And that is indicative of our current situation.

They were definitely the more organised and the classier in possession. Purely in terms of chances though, I thought we were unlucky not to come away with a point.

I think the stick people are giving Everton is quite harsh. We made them look good a lot of the time but they're well organised and affective in what they do- they can play direct or on the deck. We're certainly not in a position to criticise anyone.