Norwich City 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 12/01/13 - post-match reaction from pg 37

Dave

Birtles saying "you're a center-half, play like one. Why are you trying to pass it?"

This is the generation that taught the current players how to play. Not even mad at Willo anymore.

Truth is, Willo isn't nearly as bad a defender as some of us think. Just remember Boumsong and Bramble man.

Both of whom are better than him.

No chance Boumsong was a better player for us than Williamson has been, that's bollocks.

Happy with that so far in all honesty. :thup:

When you consider our recent form we haven't really looked in trouble. Just need to be a bit more incisive with our final ball as Cisse's movement is dragging them all over the place.

Would like to see some of our midfielders running beyond him, but agree generally.

Think it shows at the moment how low we are on confidence. Get Cabaye on at some point but play him further up the pitch like Marveaux is. Would also like to see Obertan on the left as their right-back hasn't looked great so far and Obertan's looked better on the left recently.

Birtles saying "you're a center-half, play like one. Why are you trying to pass it?"

This is the generation that taught the current players how to play. Not even mad at Willo anymore.

Truth is, Willo isn't nearly as bad a defender as some of us think. Just remember Boumsong and Bramble man.

I'll take Willo's consistent hoofing over either of them air kicking a clearance in the box, any day.

Aye because the rest of Willo's game is so polished. He's an accident waiting to happen.

Fear of attacking, fear of passing. Fucking dreadful first half, one of the worst I have ever seen. We panic in basic decisions. Ball is in the air just head it, Don't think about where it is going to go, job done. I literally give up screaming at the tv.. Hoof, random header just to divert the ball five yards further away from our net. Just bloody bring the ball down and pass it to someone.

Good god do we ever need Saylor to get fit quick and keep Colo. Williamson is utter utter utter dog shit.

The one bright side: I'm liking the look of Debs so far, and Santon has been quite good as usual (I'm almost ready to play him at wing forward).

It's starting to look possible that we might have a strong back-four in the near future now  :frantic:

You just know it will be Marv off for Cabaye, even though it should be Jonas.

Jonas was better than Marv there.

Seriously?

Marv never put a foot wrong all half. Jonas still looks lumbered on the wing to me anyway.

Marv is capable of pulling out something that Jonas couldn't do in a million years which is why I'd leave Marv on.

Guest bimpy474

Anyone getting the hump with our positioning in the centre of the park, Norwich keep picking it up in front of our two centre halfs.

With three in there one of them has to sit, we've been caught three times with both Perch and Anita pushed too far forward. I'm doing my nut watching it.

Fear of attacking, fear of passing. Fucking dreadful first half, one of the worst I have ever seen. We panic in basic decisions. Ball is in the air just head it, Don't think about where it is going to go, job done. I literally give up screaming at the tv.. Hoof, random header just to divert the ball five yards further away from our net. Just bloody bring the ball down and pass it to someone.

Good god do we ever need Saylor to get fit quick and keep Colo. Williamson is utter utter utter dog shit.

We need a centre half to replace Taylor.

You just know it will be Marv off for Cabaye, even though it should be Jonas.

Jonas was better than Marv there.

Seriously?

Marv never put a foot wrong all half. Jonas still looks lumbered on the wing to me anyway.

Yup. Not saying he's a better player, but he had a better half for sure. Got more involved.

Marv is looking a bit lightweight/struggling to make an impact on the game.

I'll take Willo's consistent hoofing over either of them air kicking a clearance in the box, any day.

Aye because the rest of Willo's game is so polished. He's an accident waiting to happen.

Yes he is, but the other two are walking train wrecks by comparison.

One thing people should we remember - we certainly played our fair share of drab halves last season. Both Bolton games immediately come to mind. Unfortunately, the man that saved both of those games is injured. We got results, but we certainly weren't Barcelona last year.

No chance Boumsong was a better player for us than Williamson has been, that's bollocks.

Boumsong was very poor for us but I'll still think he was/is a far better player than Williamson.

Looked very open through the middle. They have had quite a few breaks where our midfield has just disappeared. Cabaye on at somepoint if possible but not too many complaints given the circumstances we're in.