Newcastle vs. Reading - 19/01/2013 @ 3pm (not on TV) - DEFINITELY ON

Skirge

Best not be a last minute call off like they did years ago.. Charlton I think it was.. I walked was nearly there and it got called.

Still sowing too, just not heavy right now thank fk.

It's not going to be off, the roads are clear and the snow is melting.  The biggest problem will be with people having wet feet because of walking through slush.

wear Wellies.

And trousers, and a big posh coat like I did to work this week.  Look like a Nazi SS Commandant.

Shola is playing because Pardew is under pressure and reverting to what he knows best. Two defensive banks of four, big man up front and launch it long. I don't really have a problem with it while he's manager because it's clearly the method he understands and might as well go with what you know rather than look confused and lost trying to play football.

But it gives the opposition the ball and we can't defend that well at the moment, Norwich aside. I've said before but if he see this squad as one that should play those tactics, he's clearly quite mental.

I know what you mean though about going with what he knows, thing is we have to watch the vomit inducing shite.

If I had any confidence that Pardew believed in his ability to send out a team to pass the ball around I would be the first to be complaining about giving up possession. At this stage though I just want the points. Safety first then hopefully at some point we'll hire a manager who can build a proper football team.

Guest malandro

Posted about this yesterday. When he made a point of saying Reading were dangerous from set pieces there was always a strong chance he'd start with Shola as we don't have a lot height in the team, and his muddled comments about formations seemed to be hinting at concentrating at being hard to beat and grinding out results.

I think Reading's danger from set pieces is more to do with Harte's delivery, they have even less height in their team than we do.

I defer to your superior knowledge of the Royals. I just assumed they had to be taller than our Lilliputian midfield.

Can't call this game at all. They look like the league's weakest team but we were very fortunate not to lose against them earlier in the season. Since then we've got worse and they have found their feet a little. The team that deals with the pressure best will probably prevail.

Be glad when this game is over.

wear Wellies.

And trousers, and a big posh coat like I did to work this week.  Look like a Nazi SS Commandant.

I'll probably drive over with trainers on and change to walking boots when I get out of the car, they don't look good but they'll stop my feet getting wet and that's all that matters.

:jesuswept:k

The pitch lines have been painted blue?! :lol:

what?  in recognition of the opponents. :lol:

Nah, they're just getting started. By the start of the game, the lines will be made up of white, red and blue.

Mike just needed the snow excuse to get his favourite colours on the pitch, literally.

Best not be a last minute call off like they did years ago.. Charlton I think it was.. I walked was nearly there and it got called.

It's not going to be off, the roads are clear and the snow is melting.  The biggest problem will be with people having wet feet because of walking through slush.

wear Wellies.

Handsome those Nazis though :lol:

wear Wellies.

Handsome those Nazis though :lol:

Lots of them froze to death as well

Not fancying the trip to Newcastle today. Not even expecting us to beat Reading either so just can't see the point of driving down through the snow. Anyone who wants to call me a fairweather fan, form an orderly queue.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_zYcZKDn2CMM/RrT8ck57m_I/AAAAAAAABKg/jdAvK4tFO5Q/s400/givedamn.gif

I was actually in my seat when they called that game off. Six hour round trip in the snow between christmas and new year, what a bastard.

I was actually in my seat when they called that game off. Six hour round trip in the snow between christmas and new year, what a bastard.

Busses were off me and my waye walked, got to top of Barrick road when it was called off, some lad told us he was on his way back good job he had a radio with him :lol: was fkn sick 3m walk in the snow for fk all.