Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What seems most ridiculous is we've hardly broken the bank for any of them, we may have spent more than planned overall but some right bargains here if they're half as good as they're meant to be

That's why the 'you obviously want us to spend £50m' s**** doesn't stack up. We're clearly able to afford these deals, and it's to the club's credit that they're so reasonable. It's about recognising when you have to go the extra mile. In the summer the club didn't, and now they are.

I just want to know where other clubs are with these players. It's not like we do it one or two players, about 8-9 of our squad we've got for way below their market value.

It makes absolutely no sense - a genuinely world class, all action midfielder for under 2 million quid, and we don't give out stupid wages either.  :undecided:

The logical assumption would be he's not world class. It's hard to imagine Europe's top clubs were aware a world class player was running down his contract but made no attempt to sign him on the cheap.

I don't recall seeing this lad play but five international appearances in four years doesn't scream world class to me. France must have some unbelievable midfielders if a genuinely world class player can hardly get a game. Can't think who they might be mind.

Out of interest how many times have you seen him play?

He's 23, nobody said he's been world class since he was 19..

OK, when did he become world class? Last week, the 17th June 2010....

About 45 days ago I think..

Seriously, what I'm saying is theirs no point in gauging a players current ability at 23 years old based on looking at his international record over the last 4 years.  What does an international record 2, 3 or 4 years ago tell us about the current ability of a 23 year old player? (considering how much players often develop between the ages of 18 and mid 20's).  Look at his record this year by all means.

Notice I didn't actually say he was world class, just an excellent player worth far more than £2m.

No but Varadi did and it was his post I was replying to.

I don't think we've had a genuinely world class player on the books since Gazza.

I'm sure the lads we've brought in will be an improvement on what we have, but we still have AP running the team and we are not out of the woods yet. It's been like a community of junkies living on a mountain of smack on here over the last week.

Shearer. Beardsley. Ben Arfa.

Breaks my heart that they have put a great camera i the hands of an idiot, dunno who the photographer is but look at the noise in the nightime shots, fkn 3200 ISO he has a flashgun use the fkn thing.

Rant over

:lol:

Guest malandro

Breaks my heart that they have put a great camera i the hands of an idiot, dunno who the photographer is but look at the noise in the nightime shots, fkn 3200 ISO he has a flashgun use the fkn thing.

Rant over

That shot with the bridge in the background is nasty noisy. But that camera usually laughs at 3200 ISO. The chip is phenomenal. So surely it's higher in those pics (even though it confirms 3200)?

But I echo your feelings :lol:

You're working on the assumption the photographer had loads of time to set up the shot? which isn't how these kind of photo shoots usually work. The player comes out, holds up a shirt for ten seconds and then buggers off to be interviewed by a TV crew or a hack etc.

Chances are the dude that took the shot in question had very little time and just stuck the camera into a program mode. Safest option. Better to get a usable shot than f*** up trying to be Patrick Ludolph

Rant over

That shot with the bridge in the background is nasty noisy. But that camera usually laughs at 3200 ISO. The chip is phenomenal. So surely it's higher in those pics (even though it confirms 3200)?

But I echo your feelings :lol:

F5 too,, tell me he using fast glass surely, 30mm he didn't need f5 for DOF.

Ahhh giving amatuers top cameras saddens me.

One of the comments "why are you jawdees so deluded that you find it beyond the realms of possibility that you could be beaten to a signing by a team that is above you in the league? so so deluded. You are nothing, nobody yet you still think its 1997 and you are able to sign whoever you like without competition. Time to realize what you are, relegation candidates."

:lol:

Guest malandro

I'm sure the lads we've brought in will be an improvement on what we have, but we still have AP running the team and we are not out of the woods yet. It's been like a community of junkies living on a mountain of smack on here over the last week.

What's the point in following football if you can't enjoy the good times?

The league position is bad enough (to endure) without people like you mocking those of us who find time to enjoy certain parts of this addiction.

FFS.

That's the point isn't it Mr Happy Clappy.

Signing a few players is no guarantee that good times are just around the corner. Especially when you limit yourself to one market because of its perceived value for money. MA has thrown the masses a few shiny trinkets to try and avoid relegation and suddenly everybody is losing sight of how we ended up in this position, where we are in the league and how the club is being run.

Enjoy the good times if and when they arrive. For now everybody who cares about NUFC would be well advised to keep their eye on the ball. It was complacency that got us into our current plight and complacency is the biggest threat to escaping relegation.

What's the point in following football if you can't enjoy the good times?

The league position is bad enough (to endure) without people like you mocking those of us who find time to enjoy certain parts of this addiction.

FFS.

That's the point isn't it Mr Happy Clappy.

Signing a few players is no guarantee that good times are just around the corner. Especially when you limit yourself to one market because of its perceived value for money. MA has thrown the masses a few shiny trinkets to try and avoid relegation and suddenly everybody is losing sight of how we ended up in this position, where we are in the league and how the club is being run.

Enjoy the good times if and when they arrive. For now everybody who cares about NUFC would be well advised to keep their eye on the ball. It was complacency that got us into our current plight and complacency is the biggest threat to escaping relegation.

I think most here are fully aware of the plight we are in, but after signing 1 senior player in the summer the positive action of this week provides a lift for all.

If this doesn't excite you there's something wrong.

I know what an arse the club is for buying so many quality improvements to the team for such a knock down price, how dare we be happy that we got what was so desperately needed!?

Cheer up blossom we may still get relegated yet.