Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Had a few Hatem-like "touches into space" last night. I think we saw an even more potent side of his game and signs that there is a player ready to become even better in there. He ripped their midfield apart with his runs and his determination, which looks like his most important attribute.

The fact that we paid £1.8m for him is looking more and more like it's a deal worthy of the Noble Prize.

Guest VanBarduck
“Moussa Sissoko. He’s an absolute animal on the pitch.” ‘People say Cheick Tiote is a strong fella but when they see this guy play they’re going to know all about him.” “There’s no player like him out there.”He’s not just strong, he’s powerful and a very good passer.”

“The Newcastle fans will love him. I think I’ll end up in hospital if I go into a 50-50 with him in training.”

from Steven Taylor

I agree he's a bit slack in passing which is why I'm keen he stay in 10 position not sit in holding position, where that sort of looseness is more costly.

He'd be a waste playing anywhere else than he is right now If I'm honest. Ideally - Moussa, Hatem and Yoann are floating in and about creating space for the others.

The reason his passing is slack is because he is playing in that position. If he was playing deeper he get more time on the ball.

I'm all for switching him and Cabaye. Let Cabaye get closer to Cisse and Sissoko can make his runs from deep.

They should experiment much more during the game IMO.

I love the way he drives the team forward with a quick turn and burst. It's just a shame the wide outlets he was feeding it in to on Thursday were crap.

I thought it was strange he had a 20 minute spell on the right from the beginning of the second, he's a pure central player for me, whether that's behind Cisse or a bit deeper alongside Cabaye.

I love the way he drives the team forward with a quick turn and burst. It's just a shame the wide outlets he was feeding it in to on Thursday were crap.

I thought it was strange he had a 20 minute spell on the right from the beginning of the second, he's a pure central player for me, whether that's behind Cisse or a bit deeper alongside Cabaye.

Was thinking the same when watching the game, imagine him feeding Gouffran and Ben Arfa man :megusta:

Has ridiculously good feet for a big fella.  The amount of times he has it wide on the touchline, with 2 or 3 players around him and he somehow keeps it in play and comes out the other side is unreal.

Down the right flank in the second half when he just brushed that bloke off and left him on the floor.  Looked like an adult playing against a kid in 5 a side :lol:

Will see the best of him when defender have to worry about Gouffrans speed and Ben Arfas technical ability.

Right now he is playing well and that's with a hell load of players marking him. The though of Cabaye spreading the ball and defenders having to worry about 4 offensive players is insane. No doubt Pardew will be able to fuck that up though...