Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guy is an absolute beast.. One of a few players to bring optimism back to next seasons hopes. Others being bigi, mapou, Colo staying, haidara and a fit santon pushing each other an marveauxs improvement and praying consistent fitness!

Guest taps01

Guy is an absolute beast.. One of a few players to bring optimism back to next seasons hopes. Others being bigi, mapou, Colo staying, haidara and a fit santon pushing each other an marveauxs improvement and praying consistent fitness!

I'd like to see bigi get more game time next season.

Marveaux, Cabaye and Sissoko - I'd love to see us try that as a 3-man central midfield. And it's not "too attacking" before anyone says that - they're all intelligent and mobile enough to work out between them who pushes forward and who covers, so on top of there being be a good deal of attacking variety and unpredictability in there, I think they're all good enough to provide cover in terms of closing down/positioning themselves to make sure someone doesn't have a free run at the centreback.

Plus, I'm getting sick of seeing the likes of Tiote, Jonas or Perch (or sometimes more than one of them) being played in central midfield by Pardew because they'll add more "protection" the back four, and then for the entire 90 minutes the opposition midfielders proceed to run into acres of space in front of the centrebacks with none of these "ball winners" anywhere near them.

Marveaux, Cabaye and Sissoko - I'd love to see us try that as a 3-man central midfield. And it's not "too attacking" before anyone says that - they're all intelligent and mobile enough to work out between them who pushes forward and who covers, so on top of there being be a good deal of attacking variety and unpredictability in there, I think they're all good enough to provide cover in terms of closing down/positioning themselves to make sure someone doesn't have a free run at the centreback.

Plus, I'm getting sick of seeing the likes of Tiote, Jonas or Perch (or sometimes more than one of them) being played in central midfield by Pardew because they'll add more "protection" the back four, and then for the entire 90 minutes the opposition midfielders proceed to run into acres of space in front of the centrebacks with none of these "ball winners" anywhere near them.

Completely agree, especially the part in bold gets right on my tits that.

Guest Lalasialex

It didn't happen much when Perch's there.  Agree with Tiote and Jonas though.

The structure in the midtfield is more important than what we call it...

Someone needs at all times have the role as DM, to stop counter attacks and close the space in front of the defence. When Tiote did that two years ago he was brilliant. And then he suddenly thought he could be a playmaker! Let him do the dirty work, and nothing more... Cabaye and Sissoko in front of him...

Guest Lalasialex

But when Tiote stick to just cleaning up he doesn't need to position...

Tell me he didn't do a great job last season? 2011/12 that is...

But that's all he can do, agree... He need to have restrictions, Win the ball, pass it to the closest man in black and white... Then he could be usefull - the problem is that HE think he's Pirlo!

Guest Lalasialex

The best "DM" we have is Cabaye, sadly speaking.

:pilko:

Tiote (when keeping it simple) is the better DM, Cabaye should never be used in that role imo.  Complete waste.

O0 - as I tried to say...

Guest Lalasialex

But what it is all about is making the best out of every single player...

Cabaye, Colo, Mbiwa, Deb, Santon, Haidara, Tiote, Anita, Sissoko, Cisse, Bigi, Ben Arfa, Taylor, Krul, Marve

All good enough to fight for top 7 - at least - but not when AP put them together...

The best "DM" we have is Cabaye, sadly speaking.

:pilko:

Tiote (when keeping it simple) is the better DM, Cabaye should never be used in that role imo.  Complete waste.

Is the fact Tiote's not particularly good on the ball one of the reasons Cabaye has to come so deep though to gain possession?