Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We are being perfectly reasonable, we've lowered the asking price and are willing to take a pretty s*** payment structure.  A 26 year old striker with 1 season in the championship went to Villa for £15 million yesterday. 

Fwiw, Sissoko hasn't done much wrong amidst all the speculation and hi time at Newcastle. He wants a move which is understandable, I have no doubts that if he's here post the transfer window he'll prove to be a great asset throughout the season

He's tried his best to do himself out of a move to be fair.

"I've been a 10/10 performer at the Euros"

1 week later

"Newcastle are pricing me out of a move"

The guy's a fuckin grade A doyle.

Could get him more motivated than ever if he has to stay. Will have to absolutely tear the league apart if he wants a similar move in January.

Just playing devils advocate here (as I think playing hardball is the right precedent to set, similar to WBA with Berahino), but there have been plenty of big money transfers based on past form/reputation as opposed to the most recent performances. Point being, in theory he could sulk, not do much, and still get a move in January, probably for a lower price. Quite a few clubs would probably be willing to write off 5 months of doing nothing in the Championship as being down to being unsettled/unhappy, especially ones at the bottom end of the Premiership who'll be getting desperate.

Hope he's prepared to sulk for three years then. Berahino had a year left on his contract and West Brom still didn't budge.

Right but he barely scored after that, wasn't that important to them staying up & they'll not get the same fee now if he does go. It works sometimes, does depend on the player though.

Could get him more motivated than ever if he has to stay. Will have to absolutely tear the league apart if he wants a similar move in January.

Just playing devils advocate here (as I think playing hardball is the right precedent to set, similar to WBA with Berahino), but there have been plenty of big money transfers based on past form/reputation as opposed to the most recent performances. Point being, in theory he could sulk, not do much, and still get a move in January, probably for a lower price. Quite a few clubs would probably be willing to write off 5 months of doing nothing in the Championship as being down to being unsettled/unhappy, especially ones at the bottom end of the Premiership who'll be getting desperate.

I'd be suprised if his conclusion to not getting a move now, was that grafting in the championship & doing well is what will get the likes of Spurs to up their bids. His performance at this level will have no relevance to a move of that level beyond showing good attitude to an extent. He's not too worried about that though given the interviews he's done.

Sky sports said he is currently sitting in the airport at Paris, but no club is willing to go near £30 million.

I wish I could be a fly on the wall as his agent breaks the bad news.

Would love Sunderland to come in for him.