Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well he wouldn't know from personal experience, as based on his inept performance last night he'd be able to get nowhere near him in training.

Tosh.

Loved this from the other day about our position in the league:

“Sissoko, in particular, is very keen to put the situation right on his own,”

Hadn't seen that but i do like the sound of that, just the sort of character we need to pull clear from this mess.

Definately a kind of player we have not seen at the club for a while, you see in the youtube clips that he's big strong and makes those surging runs that opponents hate. We saw that for ourselves for the first time in a NUFC shirt last night. Pardew's problem will be to find a blend in midfield that allows him to continue to do that. Clearly for me, playing 2 up front would not suit Sissoko at all, he needs the licence that a 5 man midfield gives him. When everyone is fit and available perhaps the best balance would be, Tiote for Perch, HBA for Jonas and Marv for Gouffran (although they could be interchangeable). MYM for Saylor and that would round out my first choice team. That's a bloody strong team imo and one that shouldn't be where we are right now in the league.

Well he wouldn't know from personal experience, as based on his inept performance last night he'd be able to get nowhere near him in training.

You hate Taylor like.

Aye, shagged his lass before him didnt he?  :lol:

You hate Taylor like.

Aye, shagged his lass before him didnt he?  :lol:

Nah but he was shagging one of my sister's mates a couple of years ago. :lol:

Guest Newcastletom

Feel bad for vurnon. Lads not getting near the team when Tiotes is back! Marveaux either by the looks of gouffran.

Tiote

Sissoko    Cabaye

Ben Arfa        Gouffran

Cisse

Tasty - desperately need another striker to bring off the bench though. Saylor, haidara, Anita, obertan, marveaux, bigi and Jonas are good options from the bench.

Why? Tiote has been s**** this season he doesn't deserve to start until he proves otherwise.

I agree with that team apart from gouffran. I think marveaux would be better with gouffran coming of the bench. Also i still think tiote is our best dm. He puts a tackle in and should start ahead of anita because anita hasnt got the height and tackling ability tiote has.

Feel bad for vurnon. Lads not getting near the team when Tiotes is back! Marveaux either by the looks of gouffran.

Tiote

Sissoko    Cabaye

Ben Arfa        Gouffran

Cisse

Tasty - desperately need another striker to bring off the bench though. Saylor, haidara, Anita, obertan, marveaux, bigi and Jonas are good options from the bench.

Why? Tiote has been s**** this season he doesn't deserve to start until he proves otherwise.

I agree with that team apart from gouffran. I think marveaux would be better with gouffran coming of the bench. Also i still think tiote is our best dm. He puts a tackle in and should start ahead of anita because anita hasnt got the height and tackling ability tiote has.

Depends on who we're playing, I'd play Anita in games we'd expect to dominate - although this season that seems to be none of them  :okay:

Quote from Saylor, basically quoting this message board after we signed him..  “He’s a machine, he’s an animal. Players are trying to get near him, and he’s just bouncing them off. That’s just what we needed, a big powerhouse."

Made all the French lads get up and say why they wanted to join the club.. then sing. Can imagine everyone nervously clapping and laughing at any joke Sissoko made. "just dont make eye contact".

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-how-a-sing-song-has-helped-french-1564788

Tiote

Sissoko    Cabaye

Ben Arfa        Gouffran

Cisse

Depends on who we're playing, I'd play Anita in games we'd expect to dominate - although this season that seems to be none of them  :okay:

Agree with this. Love Anita, like I said think he will be hard done by. Having Sissoko and Cabaye around Tiote is going to ease a lot of pressure from him. I think he will be back to his best very quickly when concentrating on staying deep.

Am I the only one that thinks he needs to come deeper? I really think we need to get him on the ball more. Not play him in the No.10 role. Pick it up deep, dictate play, spring counter attacks, etc

And by no.10 i mean - we are playing him more as a Nolan, than a Marveux

Am I the only one that thinks he needs to come deeper? I really think we need to get him on the ball more. Not play him in the No.10 role. Pick it up deep, dictate play, spring counter attacks, etc

Don't know enough to decide TBH, he certainly influenced the game from the forward position well. I think we needed him to come deeper later in the game.

We'll see, I think eventually he will end up operating slightly further back.

Agree with this. Although when Marv* and HBA both are in the team he will certainly sit a bit deeper.

*Or Jonas will play somewhere and the above sentence has no meaning  :undecided:

I'm ok with him where he was atm, picking up the ball from the deeper Cabaye and what should be, Anita.

I thought he did quite a lot in the first half myself its really a case of getting used to the pace of the league so he can do it consistently.

Wouldn't mind seeing him swapping positions with Cabaye on the fly either.

I thought he did quite a lot in the first half myself its really a case of getting used to the pace of the league so he can do it consistently.

Wouldn't mind seeing him swapping positions with Cabaye on the fly either.

This really.  I certainly would like to see him come deeper o nSaturday, especially if Ramires plays.  Him and Cabaye should definitely mix it up.

Once he's used to the pace of the league, I hope he'll go for more of a Diame/Yaya role, where he just goes wherever the fuck he wants :lol: he was doing that a bit at Villa.  Popping up in the wide areas and almost playing up top at times.  Noticably tired in the second half, but our tactics didn't help.

Still can't believe we've scored from a through ball, played by someone other than Cabaye.  Lovely feeling!