Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tiote: 17 chances created, 5 avg. defensive actions, 4 avg. defensive errors, 7 yellow, 1 red

Anita: 34 chances created, 2 avg. defensive actions, 1 avg. defensive errors, 2 yellow, 1 red

The bits I've removed were very similar, but the bits left show marked differences between the 2. And that's where Anita wins for me.

Anita has created 17 more chances than Tiote. However Tiote's extra defensive effort (5 actions to 2 per game) is completely negated by his defensive errors that he causes (4 per game to 1 per game meaning both have a net +1 defensive effort per game). Add in Tiote's extra propensity to get booked and I think I'd take Anita any day of the week.

Anita played a very box to box role last season.

On Monday he played DM. And he was as bad as anyone and didn't offer anything IMO.  Whenever I see him he offers nowt. He's as bad as Tiote atm, probably worse.

Are you constantly on the piss take?

Last season...

Tiote: 24 games, 84% pass completion, 67.8% forward passes, 21 m. avg. pass length, 17 chances created, 5 avg. defensive actions, 4 avg. defensive errors, 7 yellow, 1 red

Anita: 25 games, 83% pass completion, 64.1% forward passes, 20 m. avg. pass length, 34 chances created, 2 avg. defensive actions, 1 avg. defensive errors, 2 yellow, 1 red

http://www.squawka.com/players/vurnon-anita#performance-score#newcastle-united-(current)#english-barclays-premier-league#8#season-2012/2013#2#all-matches#1-38#by-match

So Anita offers more offensive opportunity and tidier, but less biting, defense.

When did Anita get sent off last season?

Last season...

Tiote: 24 games, 84% pass completion, 67.8% forward passes, 21 m. avg. pass length, 17 chances created, 5 avg. defensive actions, 4 avg. defensive errors, 7 yellow, 1 red

Anita: 25 games, 83% pass completion, 64.1% forward passes, 20 m. avg. pass length, 34 chances created, 2 avg. defensive actions, 1 avg. defensive errors, 2 yellow, 1 red

http://www.squawka.com/players/vurnon-anita#performance-score#newcastle-united-(current)#english-barclays-premier-league#8#season-2012/2013#2#all-matches#1-38#by-match

So Anita offers more offensive opportunity and tidier, but less biting, defense.

When did Anita get sent off last season?

He wasn't, that was my mistake. :thup:

Guest icemanblue

No love for Moussa today? Thought he had a good game, worked well as the driving force, with Anita sitting. We don't have a choice, but I'm glad he's playing through the middle.

No love for Moussa today? Thought he had a good game, worked well as the driving force, with Anita sitting. We don't have a choice, but I'm glad he's playing through the middle.

He was still too sloppy but i did think he was ok

Just like Anita he had a good game, i like them two in the middle provides a nice balanced partnership.

Problem is further up the pitch, but i think that i like that partnership more than any other CM partnership we have tried over last year or so.

They compliment each other well.