Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

What is this header that people are going on about?

The one where he's not even looking and it bounces off his head and perfectly clears away from the box :lol:

He actually jumps for it though, it's not like it just smacks him while he's standing.  The only possible answer is that he is Jesus.

Nah he's crap with crosses

Very good.

Surely someone shouted "jump Moussa" :lol: fkn amazing

Assuming he doesn't have magical powers, that's the only reason i can think of. But it's just as odd, even if someone told him to jump if the timing was wrong the ball would have hit the back of his head and put us in deep shit.

He has to have magical powers.

Just as well really :D

Sissoko: I’ll play anywhere for Newcastle!

by MILES STARFORTH

[email protected]

MOUSSA Sissoko says he doesn’t care where he plays for Newcastle United – so long as he’s in the starting XI.

The midfielder put in his best performance of the season so far in last weekend’s 2-0 win over Chelsea.

And Sissoko hopes United can dish out more capital punishment to a top-four London club on Sunday, when they take on Tottenham Hotspur at White Hart Lane.

The 24-year-old has been used as a wide player by Newcastle manager Alan Pardew in the club’s last two games.

And Pardew said Sissoko’s “quality” in the “wide areas” in last week’s Capital One Cup defeat to Manchester City had led him to leave out forward Hatem Ben Arfa against Chelsea.

Sissoko’s best position has long been debated on Tyneside.

The France international, often used in the No10 role, is felt by many to be a box-to-box central midfielder.

For his part, Sissoko is just happy to make the teamsheet – whatever role he’s handed.

“The manager decides if I play central midfield or left side,” Sissoko told the Gazette.

“For me, the important thing is that you play and help the team.”

And Sissoko did help the team against Chelsea, who had dominated the game up to the break.

Factor

He brought a drive and energy to Pardew’s midfield as United overpowered their previously in-form visitors in the second half.

Before the game, Pardew felt his “athleticism” could prove a factor given the power in Jose Mourinho’s side. And so it proved.

Sissoko’s performance brought back memories of his home debut for the club back in February, when he scored two goals in a 3-2 win over the same opposition.

“I think the second half was the best I’ve played this season,” he added.

“The most important thing is that the team played well together, and won the game.”

Sissoko feels that Newcastle’s performance has given the team the template for how to win.

“I’m very happy. Chelsea are a big team, and they play Champions League every time,” he said.

“I know they are a good team, but we played well, and we played hard. In the second half, we were very strong and together.

“The manager said to play hard in the second half. We pressed all the time.

“I think all the players played very well. When we play together, it’s easier.

“If we work hard every week, I think when the season finishes Newcastle could be in the top seven or eight.”

Tottenham are fourth in the Premier League. But their manager, Andre Villas-Boas, has still come under fire from fans this season given the way his talented team has laboured this season. After their recent home win over Hull City, Villas-Boas said: “We don’t need the negativity of today.”

There could be some tired legs in his team come kick-off time, with Spurs having last night played in the Europa League against Moldovan side Sheriff Tiraspol.

United know to their cost the toll that Thursday-night European football can take on a side’s domestic form.

As such, Sissoko feels opportunity knocks for Newcastle at White Hart Lane, where the club hasn’t won since March 2008, when goals from Nicky Butt, Geremi, Obafemi Martins and Michael Owen gave Newcastle, then managed by Kevin Keegan, a 4-1 victory.

“All the players are very happy, but this is another game. We have to train hard,” said Sissoko.

“Tottenham are a good team, but if we play hard together, maybe we can win the game.”

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/sissoko-i-ll-play-anywhere-for-newcastle-1-6226535

With Norwich looking likely to sit back, forced or not, i'd go with a midfield 3 of Cabaye, Tioté and Anita.

Yes, we could use Anita at RB but imo he's vital to us in CM to make us play with a higher tempo and

help us to break them down. Sissoko is more effective when there's space to run into.

If we wanna win this we have to move the ball quickly to get the Norwich players dragged

out of their positions. If we don't do that they'll find their defending comfortable.

I'd go with:     

Krul

Santon  Willo Mapou  Haidara

Tioté

Anita          Cabaye

HBA        Gouffran    Remy

But it will probably be the same team as before, with Anita replacing Debuchy...Stalemate?

I would go for the following (as we're at home):

-------------------------Timmy------------------------

Mapou-------Willo-----------Colo--------------Santon

--------Cabaye--------Anita--------Sissoko----------

HBA----------------Gouffran------------Remy----

• 2 weeks later...

@RobScanlon_TV

Interviewed Moussa Sissoko yesterday and asked him about [that Chelsea] header. He laughed & said "Everyone in the team, including myself had given everything in that game I was so tired...I was asked to mark Ivanovic... I didn't have enough strength to watch the ball and mark the player so I just thought I'll mark Ivanovic. When he jumped to win the ball I knew it was coming my way so I jumped up just to prevent him getting a clear head on the ball. I was quite lucky..I went home to watch the video myself just to see it with my own eyes so it was a nice moment!"

:lol: