Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You only allow Sissoko to go if you're signing a right winger with electric pace and ones who's capable of beating a man, and providing crosses. Fact is we don't have anyone to drive forward with the ball besides him and Wijnaldum.

He plays better against teams that give him loads of space on the counter. It isn't that hard to understand

Easy there Ronaldo  [emoji38]

If that is the case and it may well be true.  Then he is deluded if he thinks he's going to be some top Champions League player.  Champions League Qualifiers for Celtic, maybe.  Massively inconsistent, due to only being able to play on the counter?  That isn't really going to work for a top team is it?

Oh and he had chances to counter towards the end of the game Saturday and kept f***ing it up.  He wants too many touches and tries to cut back a lot of the time, instead of just releasing it, playing a one two and then powering forward.

I never said he was going to be a top Champions League player. He was just bad the other day but generally whether he plays badly or well depends on if the other team are giving him space to run into or not.

I know you didn't.  I was merely pointing out that, if you're right with your views on why he's inconsistent.  Then I struggle to see why he thinks so highly of himself and why he'd be coveted by top clubs?  It's like the N'Zogbia scenario all over again, except Sissoko is obviously a better player.

I don't want to lose him.  I think he creates chances, scores goals and will drag us through games.  But he often looks half arsed and makes stupid decisions.  I don't think his technique and touch are particularly decent, either.

As it stands.  I think I'd rather have a player with his ability.  That plays well here and there.  Than to trust the board to replace him with anyone that is an upgrade or that even fits our system better. 

There's no way we'll buy a LB in January, surely. We already have (arguably) 3 on the books. And it's not a high-priority position at the best of times.

Aye but they are all s**** or at best unproven.

CM/CH are a must imo. A proper experienced LB would be on my list too.

I think you are right though we won't sign one....................nor a CH or CM.

We will end up having to scrape around replacing Ayoze, Janmaat and Sissoko in all likelihood.

Is he a sulky, moody twat?  Or does his style of play just mean he's wildly inconsistent?

Either way.  He's such a frustrating player.  As on his day, he's probably our best player.  But his good performances are always wedged in between shite games. 

I'm pretty sure that his lack of performance on Saturday was more down to him being asked to stay back and provide cover for Janmaat. He didn't look like he was relishing it much either, but the same can be said for Wijnaldum.

I don't think it's a matter of temperament or attitude with Sissoko. It's just that his game consists of extreme strengths and weaknesses, and it all seems to depend on what gets exposed in a particular game.

If he gets time and space to run forward in possession, he's difficult to stop and can open things up for us. He's a very good athlete. On the other hand, his touch on the ball is poor and he often loses it when put under pressure. And although he tries to defend, he doesn't have the ability to adjust his position or balance quickly to counteract what his opponent is doing.

At the moment, we have to accept the package he's offering. But his lack of technique limits how the side can develop. If we want to improve the way we work the ball forward, I think we need to bring in a different sort of player.

I don't like him! Yes he might have some ambition which this club doesn't seem to have, but a start for him would be to perform well in the PL on consistent basis to "earn" his move. He should shut up! The way he performs overall, i'd be surprised if a quality CL team went for him, unless it's for backup.

Cabaye's attitude and desire on the pitch was much better. Even if it did mean at times he could cross the line the handsome little bastard that he is.

The guy went on strike; come a match day you don't participate? if that's not a poor on pitch attitude I don't know what is. I don't disagree Sissokho is likely aspiring beyond his own ability and being vocal about it. It's what we do as a fanbase all the time. Just think it's a double standard just because some players are better than others. Though I suppose the counter argument is that model pros like Ryan Taylor and Mike Williamson have no place in the premiership despite their good attitudes. Just seems a bit disproportionate to me. Mind you we are on the internet.

Cabaye's attitude and desire on the pitch was much better. Even if it did mean at times he could cross the line the handsome little bastard that he is.

The guy went on strike; come a match day you don't participate? if that's not a poor on pitch attitude I don't know what is. I don't disagree Sissokho is likely aspiring beyond his own ability and being vocal about it. It's what we do as a fanbase all the time. Just think it's a double standard just because some players are better than others. Though I suppose the counter argument is that model pros like Ryan Taylor and Mike Williamson have no place in the premiership despite their good attitudes. Just seems a bit disproportionate to me. Mind you we are on the internet.

I, for one, still don't believe the story that Cabaye went on strike. Think we were desperate to sell him and when we received an offer we talked to him and said we rather you don't play this game, even though the offer was a lot lower than we had hoped for. When he did come back to play again, he showed far more ability and effort than Sissoko has ever done, so I would forgive him for that anyway.

As for Sissoko, he should shut up until he approaches anything close to some consistency. At the moment, for every game where it looks like he could play in the CL, he has at least five where he looks like he's just where he belongs in the league table.

Since there are apparently no intentions of playing him the middle, I wouldn't mind selling him and getting someone more suited to the role he's been playing in to replace him. Of course, with this regime, you can never count on that happening though.

People still struggling to spell his name, the same thing with Darren Janmatt.

My surname is very close to popular brand of lager. I get it daily so I'll dish it out when I can. As for the Cabaye thing, I have taken this at face value. However, I wouldn't rule out foul play from the club, I just don't think Sissoko is particularly in the wrong.

How long have I been saying this guy is a fraud?! Really don't like him.

Aye but you also rate Riviere Kaka

He completely right though, other then the Norwich game he's been shite since the back end of the 13/14 season.