Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

For some reason, this guy always seems to come alive midway through the second half. His pace and power running with the ball on the counter is devastating. Didn't have a good game today iMO, but he's so dangerous when he's in full flight. Shame it only happens for 15 or 20 minutes per match.

I imagine, it is because normally the game naturally becomes more stretched in the second half of games. When he has space to run into, he is class. The run and ball through to Cisse was evidence of this.

Aye but he just doesn't seem to make any kind of effort before the 50 minute mark. Just jogs around making ridiculously predictable passes and runs. So frustrating.

Start him in cm instead of ginger Cack and move him out to the right if we are able to play a counter attacking game around the 60 minute mark. Opens up a place in the team for Thauvin as well, or gives us a chance to have both de Jong and Perez on at the same time.

Start him in cm instead of ginger Cack and move him out to the right if we are able to play a counter attacking game around the 60 minute mark. Opens up a place in the team for Thauvin as well, or gives us a chance to have both de Jong and Perez on at the same time.

Would be a disaster, the bloke is defensively bone-idle.

Would be a disaster, the bloke is defensively bone-idle.

The only time Colback offers anything defensively is when he picks up the obligatory booking.

For me like Colback should have come off at half time with Perez replacing him. Sissoko inside with Perez wide or drop De Jong back in. McClaren got it right though. Yet again Sissoko was one of the lesser effective players for us. (Maybe I just have it in for him? I don't know...)

Guest neesy111

For me like Colback should have come off at half time with Perez replacing him. Sissoko inside with Perez wide or drop De Jong back in. McClaren got it right though. Yet again Sissoko was one of the lesser effective players for us. (Maybe I just have it in for him? I don't know...)

His final ball was beyond woeful today.

He looks unnatural on the ball for me and I don't think he's particularly skillful. That's not say he's a bad player but when his attitude is often so wrong or bad then that's when really he has nowt going for him. He can be effective and can destroy teams when given the space to do so, and decides to, but he doesn't do it often enough for me. Footballing talent-wise he's not a patch on Wijnaldum

He made most of the penetrating runs today and defended/pressed a bit better than usual. No complaints apart from the final ball, although he did put two across that should have been goals (cisse/Mitro). poor bloke needs a teflon flak jacket no?

He made most of the penetrating runs today and defended/pressed a bit better than usual. No complaints apart from the final ball, although he did put two across that should have been goals (cisse/Mitro). poor bloke needs a teflon flak jacket no?

I do feel over critical of him at times like. However, I struggle to come to terms with those whose attitude is wrong. There were times today when the Spurs midfield just breezed past him and he didn't chase them. He just gives up too easy for me too often. It's one thing to be shit and give 100% but it's inexcusable being a decent player who gives 50% or 100% for ten minutes.

I do feel over critical of him at times like. However, I struggle to come to terms with those whose attitude is wrong. There were times today when the Spurs midfield just breezed past him and he didn't chase them. He just gives up too easy for me too often. It's one thing to be s*** and give 100% but it's inexcusable being a decent player who gives 50% or 100% for ten minutes.

You're right about his attitude, it seems the same as the way he plays i.e. in bursts or spurts and then goes missing for 10... Suppose we have to just try and appreciate the positives a bit more...

Why can't he play like he did in the last 20 minutes or so more consistently?

Was garbage before then.

Its fucking simple man :lol: He's fast and athletic and obviously gets more into it as the game opens up. Don't know how people are still finding this difficult to understand

Was garbage before then.

Its f***ing simple man :lol: He's fast and athletic and obviously gets more into it as the game opens up. Don't know how people are still finding this difficult to understand

Does that mean he shouldn't do the basics properly like pass the ball to a teammate or bust a gut to cover or track his man while the game is still cagey?

It was classic Sissoko really, did some annoying stuff as always but he created some great situations as well. Easy to forget we could have score through Cisse much earlier thanks to him.

This. I really dislike Sissoko though.

Was garbage before then.

Its f***ing simple man :lol: He's fast and athletic and obviously gets more into it as the game opens up. Don't know how people are still finding this difficult to understand

Does that mean he shouldn't do the basics properly like pass the ball to a teammate or bust a gut to cover or track his man while the game is still cagey?

Did you read my post like? I said he starts to play well when the game opens up, he's a poor technical player in tight areas in terms of passing, touch etc.  Can't say that I notice him not tracking his man that often like

Was garbage before then.

Did you read my post like? I said he starts to play well when the game opens up, he's a poor technical player in tight areas in terms of passing, touch etc.  Can't say that I notice him not tracking his man that often like

He starts the game too pedestrian and lethargic. If he can't play in tight situations, then he can just do the simple stuff. I'm simply saying it's an attitude thing rather than ability. He only seems to turn it on when he starts to believe we can get something out of the game. Same exact thing happened last weekend.