Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why can't he play like he did in the last 20 minutes or so more consistently?

Was garbage before then.

Its f***ing simple man :lol: He's fast and athletic and obviously gets more into it as the game opens up. Don't know how people are still finding this difficult to understand

Does that mean he shouldn't do the basics properly like pass the ball to a teammate or bust a gut to cover or track his man while the game is still cagey?

Did you read my post like? I said he starts to play well when the game opens up, he's a poor technical player in tight areas in terms of passing, touch etc.  Can't say that I notice him not tracking his man that often like

He starts the game too pedestrian and lethargic. If he can't play in tight situations, then he can just do the simple stuff. I'm simply saying it's an attitude thing rather than ability. He only seems to turn it on when he starts to believe we can get something out of the game. Same exact thing happened last weekend.

Its a lot easier for an athletic player to shine in the last 30 minutes than in the first 60

Was garbage before then.

Its f***ing simple man :lol: He's fast and athletic and obviously gets more into it as the game opens up. Don't know how people are still finding this difficult to understand

Does that mean he shouldn't do the basics properly like pass the ball to a teammate or bust a gut to cover or track his man while the game is still cagey?

Did you read my post like? I said he starts to play well when the game opens up, he's a poor technical player in tight areas in terms of passing, touch etc.  Can't say that I notice him not tracking his man that often like

He starts the game too pedestrian and lethargic. If he can't play in tight situations, then he can just do the simple stuff. I'm simply saying it's an attitude thing rather than ability. He only seems to turn it on when he starts to believe we can get something out of the game. Same exact thing happened last weekend.

Its a lot easier for an athletic player to shine in the last 30 minutes than in the first 60

FACT.

Was garbage before then.

FACT.

Dont know if this is taking the piss or what like :lol:

Controversial, perhaps, but I wouldn't start him next week. I think we need to try something different for these sorts of games and would go for something more technical that somehow revolves around de Jong, Perez, Wijnaldum & Thauvin.

I'd rather have Sissoko running at a beleaguered Villa defence than Thauvin tbh. Especially 2nd half Sissoko or Norwich Sissoko.

Villa will probably come to sit deep and I don't think there'll be enough space to dribble through from the off. Thauvin's a good technical player and this is the exact sort of game you'd expect his best qualities to come through: slower pace, more emphasis on shorter passing combinations, need for tighter control. Same with de Jong.

Villa will probably come to sit deep and I don't think there'll be enough space to dribble through from the off. Thauvin's a good technical player and this is the exact sort of game you'd expect his best qualities to come through: slower pace, more emphasis on shorter passing combinations, need for tighter control. Same with de Jong.

Maybe not a bad idea in theory. The fear with that plan is that Thauvin isn't in any way proven as a creative force for us yet

Controversial, perhaps, but I wouldn't start him next week. I think we need to try something different for these sorts of games and would go for something more technical that somehow revolves around de Jong, Perez, Wijnaldum & Thauvin.

If it was up to me, I'd drop Cisse, Sissoko and Colback, moving Wijnaldum in to the middle with Ayoze and Thauvin on the wings and Mitrovic up front for Villa. Never going to happen though.

Was garbage before then.

He was miles away from Rose for that Spurs chance at the end of the first half.

Maybe not a bad idea in theory. The fear with that plan is that Thauvin isn't in any way proven as a creative force for us yet

Of course, but I've been slightly more encouraged by his recent (sporadic) cameos for some reason. If there's a game in the league for him, this is the one to start. I think de Jong could be a massive asset for times like this too. Some of his one-touch stuff today was the exact type of play we'll need, especially with Gini ghosting in.

If it was up to me, I'd drop Cisse, Sissoko and Colback, moving Wijnaldum in to the middle with Ayoze and Thauvin on the wings and Mitrovic up front for Villa. Never going to happen though.

Think you are negating Wijnaldum's best quality, goal scoring with that plan personally

Was garbage before then.

Most players are poor technical players in tight areas unless they are passing the ball backwards. If he was that poor technically I doubt he could pick out forwards on a slide rule for so many final balls which today weren't capitalised on. The only criticism I would have of him today was that if we were zonally marking for the set pieces he didn't do his job when we conceded.

Think you are negating Wijnaldum's best quality, goal scoring with that plan personally

Disagree that that his best quality, despite his impressive goal tally. Want him involved in our build up more, as he's got such a lovely first touch and a great pass on him. Playing in front of Anita he should have the freedom to drift into their box as well. Fuck this playing with two out and out defensive midfielders, especially at home against the worst team in the league.

Villa presented their vulnerable soft parts to Arsenal a few times today, not they're even able to stifle the play like had been suggested. Anyway, even with Thauvin and De Jong I think the counter is our only proven way to get goals at the moment.

http://memecrunch.com/meme/50MHP/did-he-just-say-what-i-think-he-said/image.jpg

I wouldn't drop him, from the highlights I saw he seemed to be the one creating chances. If Sissoko and Winjaldum are dealt with by opposition players then we have no one else to create anything. I'd still play Thauvin, no reason why he can't play as well.