Massadio Haïdara

Optimistic Nut

So are people thinking he's backup or Santon being converted to a left winger? tbh think this may be a great team with Haidara staying wide and Santon cutting in

Debuchy  Mbia  Colo*  Haidara

Sissoko  Cabaye

HBA          Marv      Santon

Gouffran/Cisse

I've really not seen anything from Santon that suggests he's an out-n-out winger. He may be more comfortable going forward than he is defending, but that doesn't make him a winger.

In short, he's not to be the next Bale I don't think.

Plus, he's not left footed. A left wing who can't use his left foot is a joke.

More or less like Jonas.

Ben Arfa's is pretty tasty on the right and he's left footed.

I for one think Santon would make a better left winger than most our apparent left wingers especially with a wide left back behind him

Got to agree. Santon ghosts past people like they aren't there on the inside. Could be really effective with a marauding left back on his outside.

Anyone know what we do if this guy is better than Santon?

Move Santon forward to keep him in the team or just drop him to the bench completely? He is too talented for that.

If this guy is better than Santon then I think Santon will get the chop. Defensively Santon has been poor this season, yes he offers us something on the left when attacking but for players who's position is a LB defending is what he needs to be good at first and for most, it doesn't help that AC Milan are after him as well. As it happens I think this guy will be a back up player, at least for the rest of the season and possibly next.

Anyone know what we do if this guy is better than Santon?

Move Santon forward to keep him in the team or just drop him to the bench completely? He is too talented for that.

A choice I'll be glad we have to make (if it comes to it) In an ideal world I'd want two for each position so if this guy can offer that at LB then happy days.

Probably miles off that happening though, coming from Nancy (rock bottom of the league I think) I'm guessing he's a bit of a gamble.

Hopefully we"ll hear he's "over the line" tomorrow.

If this guy is any good and can deliver a decent cross with his left foot, I wouldn't be surprised to see Santon on his way....if they could get any of the Italian clubs to get anywhere near 10m I reckon they'd sell...maybe in summer.

If this guy is any good and can deliver a decent cross with his left foot, I wouldn't be surprised to see Santon on his way....if they could get any of the Italian clubs to get anywhere near 10m I reckon they'd sell...maybe in summer.

Neeeeeer man! we want a big squad, enough talk of shifting people on, let's keep adding to it! One injury and we're fucked.

From what I've seen of him (admittedly only on youtube) he looks a canny player, but I don't see him being a starting 11 player yet, I think Pardew will use him as an incentive for Santon to pick up his form now he is no longer the only LB at the club.

From what I've seen of him (admittedly only on youtube) he looks a canny player, but I don't see him being a starting 11 player yet, I think Pardew will use him as an incentive for Santon to pick up his form now he is no longer the only LB at the club.

Santon has been in mainly good form this season, one of those few who can hold their heads high. Not saying that there isn't competition for places involved, but this signing will serve the purpose of giving him much needed rest. He has started almost every game and has looked jaded recently.

Of course it's good having another option at LB. It's something we've been crying our for years.

Guest Roger Kint

Nancy defender Massadio Haidara has also arrived in the North East and will put pen to paper at Newcastle once he has undergone a medical examination. Busy time for Alan Pardew.

Not sure why its busy for Pardew, its well known he has sod all to do with that side of it. He wasnt even on Tyneside as Mbiwa signed(at Villa match)

Nancy defender Massadio Haidara has also arrived in the North East and will put pen to paper at Newcastle once he has undergone a medical examination. Busy time for Alan Pardew.

Not sure why its busy for Pardew, its well known he has sod all to do with that side of it. He wasnt even on Tyneside as Mbiwa signed(at Villa match)

He'll be sat on his arse with a cuppa, figuring out how to fit all of these class players into a rigid 4-4-2 formation