Massadio Haïdara

Optimistic Nut

Great summary Kaiz. Have lot of friends who have just picked a team but have no idea what's going on. Luckily the majority of these wankers are not interested in joining a football forum.

Guest tollemache

One thing about this Haidara fella is that he'd allow us to play a back four of Haidara, Coloccini, Debuchy, Santon if we really needed to. Freeing Santon from always having to be left back would give us loads more options in general, seeing as he can play on either wing or full back on either side, while Debuchy's ability to play in the middle gives us even more versatility. Less chance of a real crisis at the back.

Dude, what do you eat?

Just a fringe benefit I know, but having two versatile players like that with backup will be handy.

One thing about this Haidara fella is that he'd allow us to play a back four of Haidara, Coloccini, Debuchy, Santon if we really needed to. Freeing Santon from always having to be left back would give us loads more options in general, seeing as he can play on either wing or full back on either side, while Debuchy's ability to play in the middle gives us even more versatility. Less chance of a real crisis at the back.

You are wrong.

Scandinavian, surely? :lol:

Can someone explain to me why so many of them are so rubbish? This place has given me a slight hatred of Norway in particular.

Apologies to the good ones that we do have, but some of your compatriots are absolute divvies.

They're s*** because their general knowledge of football is s***. Most just choose an English team 'cause it's expected of them and take a miniscule interest in the sport except when something good or bad happens, either club-wise or Internationally, then they go on about it like they've always paid attention yet what they're saying is absolute horseshit. Their favourite thing to do is also to talk down any Scandinavian country, league and/or players because it's/they're so much shitter than anyone/thing else. Again displaying their total lack of knowledge since the leagues aren't too bad, and neither are the national teams. I see it all the time, and it's not even just the glory hunters. People can go "I support Southampton/Leeds/Blackburn" and not be able to name any player on the team. They just "have" a team because that's what they do. c***s.

In short, they suck because they have no knowledge of football in general and just want to be a part of something so they can argue with their mates (who also know nothing).

I hate the Scandinavian football fan almost more than Asian glory hunters. At least the Asians tend to be interested in the teams they follow that week. Gives the people who actually care a bad name and brings everybody down with them. f*** the world.

(Obviously there's exceptions though. But still.)

I'm editing the biggest Swedish fan site (that has a forum attached).

I want to be part of and create an interesting community for Newcastle supporters in Sweden, even though it's difficult and proving frustrating more than often. People post every rumour everywhere, want to buy Swedish players for the sake of it and post FM-like formations ahead of every game.

The main problem is the acceptance of every news source and the fact that our coverage (both TV and other forums) is filled with attention seeking idiots who know nothing about football in general, Newcastle in particular. Once these people become a point of reference, the general Swedish fan becomes worse than some of the worst posters on here.

Rich: what in particular drives your hatred towards us? I still think there is a far bigger proportion of local fans who contribute with nothing but rubbish.

Can someone explain to me why so many of them are so rubbish? This place has given me a slight hatred of Norway in particular.

Apologies to the good ones that we do have, but some of your compatriots are absolute divvies.

They're s*** because their general knowledge of football is s***. Most just choose an English team 'cause it's expected of them and take a miniscule interest in the sport except when something good or bad happens, either club-wise or Internationally, then they go on about it like they've always paid attention yet what they're saying is absolute horseshit. Their favourite thing to do is also to talk down any Scandinavian country, league and/or players because it's/they're so much shitter than anyone/thing else. Again displaying their total lack of knowledge since the leagues aren't too bad, and neither are the national teams. I see it all the time, and it's not even just the glory hunters. People can go "I support Southampton/Leeds/Blackburn" and not be able to name any player on the team. They just "have" a team because that's what they do. c***s.

In short, they suck because they have no knowledge of football in general and just want to be a part of something so they can argue with their mates (who also know nothing).

I hate the Scandinavian football fan almost more than Asian glory hunters. At least the Asians tend to be interested in the teams they follow that week. Gives the people who actually care a bad name and brings everybody down with them. f*** the world.

I want to be part of and create an interesting community for Newcastle supporters in Sweden, even though it's difficult and proving frustrating more than often. People post every rumour everywhere, want to buy Swedish players for the sake of it and post FM-like formations ahead of every game.

The main problem is the acceptance of every news source and the fact that our coverage (both TV and other forums) is filled with attention seeking idiots who know nothing about football in general, Newcastle in particular. Once these people become a point of reference, the general Swedish fan becomes worse than some of the worst posters on here.

Rich: what in particular drives your hatred towards us? I think there is a far bigger proportion of local fans who contribute with nothing but rubbish.

have i done anything wrong?  :whatdidido:

Rich: what in particular drives your hatred towards us? I think there is a far bigger proportion of local fans who contribute with nothing but rubbish.

You know those times where you wish you never said anything? Especially when it's diverting a transfer thread... sorry folks.

Anyway: the "slight hatred" comment was fairly tongue-in-cheek. I certainly wouldn't jump to outright "hatred". It's just frustration I feel more than anything.

To be fair, it tends to be Norwegians more than Scandinavians that I have an issue with on here and even then it's far from every poster - as I said we do have (very) good ones too. I have to stress that it's purely related to the people we've had on here, nothing to do with the actual country/area itself in any way shape or form. Not the politics, football team, famous people, etc. I'm simply talking from an N-O perspective as it's all I have to go on.

The fact is that for the amount of Norwegians we have on here (or have had on here) there have been a disproportionate number who have caused trouble with offensive comments like those from thorin or who have just been horrendously immature/unstable in their posting style. I think Kaizero has explained the latter part of this very well in his post and you've alluded to it in yours as well. I think "hyper active" is the most polite term I could use to highlight my opinion of the general style we're talking about.

Of course there are a lot more locals/Brits who post "rubbish" but then there are a lot more signed up to this place, naturally.

I can't really put it any other way - the facts are there to back it up in the ban log. Inochi has obviously noticed it as well from the perspective of a regular member, given the post which started all of this off.

Sorry to those of you who are excellent posters on here if I've offended you, but hopefully this clarifies my reasoning behind the original comment.

They're shit because their general knowledge of football is shit. Most just choose an English team 'cause it's expected of them and take a miniscule interest in the sport except when something good or bad happens, either club-wise or Internationally, then they go on about it like they've always paid attention yet what they're saying is absolute horseshit. Their favourite thing to do is also to talk down any Scandinavian country, league and/or players because it's/they're so much shitter than anyone/thing else. Again displaying their total lack of knowledge since the leagues aren't too bad, and neither are the national teams. I see it all the time, and it's not even just the glory hunters. People can go "I support Southampton/Leeds/Blackburn" and not be able to name any player on the team. They just "have" a team because that's what they do. Cunts.

I hate the Scandinavian football fan almost more than Asian glory hunters. At least the Asians tend to be interested in the teams they follow that week. Gives the people who actually care a bad name and brings everybody down with them. Fuck the world.

That's not Scandanavia that's 95% of the planet on any subject.

Rich: what in particular drives your hatred towards us? I still think there is a far bigger proportion of local fans who contribute with nothing but rubbish.

tbf, apart from the swedish players, all that's not really a particularly scando trait. it's just a certain sort of fan. they're the ones normally picked on by SSN whenever anything happens, just have to read forums and listen to the local radio phone-ine for more of it.

There is something dark in their souls tho. Loki archytypes innit.  :aww: If you go to Sweden they just stare at you. I mean real full on staring like you're a vulernable lost forest creature that might make a meal.

Alan Pardew makes enquiry for Frenchman Massadio Haidara

Journal Live-15 minutes ago

NEWCASTLE United target Massadio Haïdara gave out encouraging signs last night that he would welcome a move to Tyneside, and revealed St James' Park's ...

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2013/01/17/alan-pardew-makes-enquiry-for-frenchman-massadio-haidara-61634-32618456/

There is something dark in their souls tho. Loki archytypes innit.  :aww: If you go to Sweden they just stare at you. I mean real full on staring like you're a vulernable lost forest creature that might make a meal.

whenever i think of norway i can't help but think of black metal  :bluestar:

http://inlog.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/immortal1.jpg

You know those times where you wish you never said anything? Especially when it's diverting a transfer thread... sorry folks.

Anyway: the "slight hatred" comment was fairly tongue-in-cheek. I certainly wouldn't jump to outright "hatred". It's just frustration I feel more than anything.

To be fair, it tends to be Norwegians more than Scandinavians that I have an issue with on here and even then it's far from every poster - as I said we do have (very) good ones too. I have to stress that it's purely related to the people we've had on here, nothing to do with the actual country/area itself in any way shape or form. Not the politics, football team, famous people, etc. I'm simply talking from an N-O perspective as it's all I have to go on.

The fact is that for the amount of Norwegians we have on here (or have had on here) there have been a disproportionate number who have caused trouble with offensive comments like those from thorin or who have just been horrendously immature/unstable in their posting style. I think Kaizero has explained the latter part of this very well in his post and you've alluded to it in yours as well. I think "hyper active" is the most polite term I could use to highlight my opinion of the general style we're talking about.

Of course there are a lot more locals/Brits who post "rubbish" but then there are a lot more signed up to this place, naturally.

I can't really put it any other way - the facts are there to back it up in the ban log. Inochi has obviously noticed it as well from the perspective of a regular member, given the post which started all of this off.

Sorry to those of you who are excellent posters on here if I've offended you, but hopefully this clarifies my reasoning behind the original comment.

No worries I think it's an interesting topic (although off topic) and I tend to agree with you to some extent.

I also think there is a logical reason for the "Scandinavian failings". The geographical aspect means our pundits do not have the knowledge to properly answer the quite big interest in English football. Those of us who actually know something are to be found on the internet, away from the broad channels. Yet the "experts" are the ones given license to educate the general supporter, creating masses of fans with passion but no knowledge. Emotional, engaged but liberated from any sort of understanding about the nature of English football.

The general level of the posts on this forum is something I regard as a free zone from the standard morons that you come across wherever/whenever you discuss football. It's like escaping from the fickle, the nonsense, the bias and the pure idiocy that is spouted all over Swedish media. I watch loads of football. I mute at every halftime and turn my attention to this forum as it's makes far more interesting reading than pretty much everything else I can come across.

I was on a train a few years ago, going across Germany and had two Scandanavian types sitting behind me (not sure which brand)...Anyway after the first 2 hours of listening to them talking about motocross and then football (ManU with no clue about the club) I got so psychotic I killed somebody loitering outside the toilet.

Norwegians are worse 'cause they tend to feel like superior beings 'cause they get spoonfed "Norway is the best, we have oil money and shit, lol! Nobody else does! They're poor and have shit politics, probably smelly as well." by the media since they're born, so when they face people that don't agree with them or make them realize they're not that bright, they don't know how to react. It's a large generalization, and obviously most people are rather normal still, but it tends to especially be right about the ones that "like" football over here.

Christ Kaiz, where in the country do you live to have that as a general impression of your fellow countrymen? :lol:

Other than harry-norway (whom honestly was a bit entertaining), that racist anabolic ridden piece of thrash with multiple usernames and thorin, have there really been any notable trouble from us Norwegians?