Massadio Haïdara

Optimistic Nut

Guest malandro

This isn't fair. Find random frenchies via Super Carr, only for the media to get a hold of it and some filthy club to steal them. Need to keep this s*** quiet.

That's not what's happening. Other clubs have scouts with passports. Players' have agents who contact clubs about possible moves*. We aren't the only club who has heard of France. It's possible other clubs are waiting for us thrash out the cheapest deal possible and then making their move in the knowledge we are inflexible negotiators, but I doubt it.

What NUFC have to do is accept that sometimes if you really want a player you have to fend off some competition by spending more than you wanted. Particularly when you are two points off relegation and have nowt else to offer but money. 

*iirc... HBA's agent was touting him around a few clubs before he signed for us.

"Newcastle United wanted him and Graham Carr doesn't make too many mistakes. Graham's got good judgement."

Those clubs should just hire their own scouts man.

That's what I thought when you nicked him off us :lol:.

Hate to say it, but this is a top class troll - from either this French guy or West Ham.

Get real lads, he plays in the French top division for heaven sake, some here are acting like Carr is the only one that's discovering players playing in some Mongolian desert.

The case with most of his "finds". Tioté aside, don't think there's been to much talent unearthed.

This isn't fair. Find random frenchies via Super Carr, only for the media to get a hold of it and some filthy club to steal them. Need to keep this s*** quiet.

That's not what's happening. Other clubs have scouts with passports. Players' have agents who contact clubs about possible moves*. We aren't the only club who has heard of France. It's possible other clubs are waiting for us thrash out the cheapest deal possible and then making their move in the knowledge we are inflexible negotiators, but I doubt it.

What NUFC have to do is accept that sometimes if you really want a player you have to fend off some competition by spending more than you wanted. Particularly when you are two points off relegation and have nowt else to offer but money. 

*iirc... HBA's agent was touting him around a few clubs before he signed for us.

I can buy that with Remy, because he's a much more known player, but I don't buy that here for a second. Agents contacting clubs, I buy, but the clubs knowing anything about the players? I doubt it. Probably not much more than a 10 minute Dennis Wise, and a call to Sam's french mates after hearing of our interest.