Massadio Haïdara

Optimistic Nut

True fact: we're going into the second of three crucial matches without signing a centre half.

Couldn't give a fuck what they're trying to do, unless the player comes through the door we receive no benefit.

I wouldn't disagree with that really, I said it was indefensible to not sign a CB.

I don't think the exact fixtures we have in January have as much bearing as fans would like though. The fact we happen to be playing these games now can have almost no bearing on when we manage to conclude the deals. You must understand that.

Can't remember the last time we had two competent LB's at the club. This is a good signing and like Tooj says, covers RB as well with Santon moving across should we need too.

Would like similar at RB (young but talented) to replace Simpson, but that cant wait.

I'd like to say CB next please, but this deal is far from over. Sure QPR will be sniffing.

Can't remember the last time we had two competent LB's at the club. This is a good signing and like Tooj says, covers RB as well with Santon moving across should we need too.

Would like similar at RB (young but talented) to replace Simpson, but that cant wait.

I'd like to say CB next please, but this deal is far from over. Sure QPR will be sniffing.

Think this guy will be the Simpson replacement. Got Ferguson, Tavernier, Anita and Perch that can play FB if things get desperate and that'll probably do.

We've needed a proper LB cover and starter since Jose left. Not a problem with this one, as long as he's good.

Was just thinking there, and I don't think we've had proper left-back cover since we had Babayaro and Bernard at the same time for a few weeks in 2005. :lol:

I know we had Elliott on the books but he was pretty much a centre back by that point.

Harry's on the dog and bone as we write, my old china.

Guest bimpy474

We've needed a proper LB cover and starter since Jose left. Not a problem with this one, as long as he's good.

Was just thinking there, and I don't think we've had proper left-back cover since we had Babayaro and Bernard at the same time for a few weeks in 2005. :lol:

I know we had Elliott on the books but he was pretty much a centre back by that point.

People keep saying Fergie is LB but not for me, much more of winger. LB is a position that has been a problem for yonks, you would have thought playing Raylor there for half a season might have given them a clue.

Mind you Williamson at CB hasn't either :lol:

This could be a fantastic signing, top analysis by Tooj. This allows for true cover for RB/LB and competition for the left back position for young Santon.

Get this one done and dusted quickly, and hopefully we'll see progress on the other areas of weakness.

desperate for a centre half, a striker and a winger

Crazy thinking that, risking bankrupting the club with so many ridiculous demands.

:D or risk bankrupting the club through relegation. I think the board have figured that out though. The problem is

a) players of the quality we want dont want to join us in our current state

b) the clubs not willing to splash cash in transfer fees and wages for the targets that would want to come.

The Finns produced Jari Litmanen. Enough said.

Only person in football with seemingly less personality than Michael Owen.

Not true btw. Funny guy and a true gentleman.

Santon really needs a competition for the place. And if Debuchy is out he can swap to RB

Pity he didn't click at Barça, injuries plagued him and to be frank we really didn't have a role for him in the team. But our transfer policy at the time was just to reproduce Ajax's CL winning team.

Just to continue with OT, Litmanen said in an interview that he trained as hard as he could in Barca but the coach just wouldnt pick him, not even for the bench. Dunno the reason though.. Seemed frustrated but not angry because of it.