Massadio Haïdara

Optimistic Nut

Fuck me, feels like we're watching a episode of Storage Wars  :lol:

Wheres Barry when you need him

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Barry+Weiss+E+Networks+2012+Upfront+Arrivals+962aLA9ZzDol.jpg

That guy's awesome, but he loses a lot. Perfect for us.

"Newcastle United wanted him and Graham Carr doesn't make too many mistakes. Graham's got good judgement."

Those clubs should just hire their own scouts man.

I missed that quote, fucking sickening.

I thought I hated Liverpool with an unreasonable passion, but Redknapp is forcing me to ramp up the seething anger to incredible new levels.

Retracted our 2.5m bid? No such thing as a CA on these deals anymore? Am I missing something? Surely if a club bids for someone, its accepted. It should be done in good faith to let the club work the deal out? This nonsense is the complete opposite of actual business transactions too by the way. Fucking frustrating.

Guest tollemache

I like the idea of decoy bids. See if we can palm some utter duds off onto the chasing pack. Looks like we've got a reputation for spotting bargains doesn't it?

I'm sure they make some effort to keep bids secret, but that is the last thing the agent wants so it's hardly ever going to work. Infuriating

It always seems as if there is a bit of gap between an offer being accepted before we move on to the next stage.  I would have thought that once the selling club accepts an offer that we would try and sort things out with the agent/player immediately.  The gap seems to give other teams the opportunity to step in and then wrap up a deal quite quickly.

Retracted our 2.5m bid? No such thing as a CA on these deals anymore? Am I missing something? Surely if a club bids for someone, its accepted. It should be done in good faith to let the club work the deal out? This nonsense is the complete opposite of actual business transactions too by the way. Fucking frustrating.

Right on. :thup: We need to add a no shop provision to our bids.

Selling clubs can leak bids but agents do it all the time to increase interest in their assets, but our cool we don't care laid back approach is childish bollocks and fools no body.

Offering way under asking prices just drags out the process and gives other clubs time to act.

I think we are seeing that our much lauded scouting system isn't actually anything special. In fact it is quite limited.

The scouting isn't the problem. The recruitment part is however.

Nope,  I think we are just finding players we would be expected to find. We have gone from being very poor in this department to simply average. There is no evidence of a wide network. Carr has a good eye and likes players with a pleasing style of play but that is as far as it goes.

I think we are seeing that our much lauded scouting system isn't actually anything special. In fact it is quite limited.

Nope,  I think we are just finding players we would be expected to find. We have gone from being very poor in this department to simply average. There is no evidence of a wide network. Carr has a good eye and likes players with a pleasing style of play but that is as far as it goes.

Disagree completely.

The big problem we have is we only seem to focus on certain areas.

Hearing Carr say we won't look at South America was extremely disheartening.

Selling clubs can leak bids but agents do it all the time to increase interest in their assets, but our cool we don't care laid back approach is childish bollocks and fools no body.

Offering way under asking prices just drags out the process and gives other clubs time to act.

it also gives other clubs chance to get a bargain at our expense,--- we offer 3m, when mv is really around 5m, another club comes along and offers 3.5 and gets him because we took the piss.

Guest bimpy474

This stuff is complete bollocks like, The bloke said the other day we had a 2.5m bid accepted, now he says RMC say a 3m rejected.

What is it then ? total cobblers.  Cool as hookers nipple about this me.

I think the only problem with your scouting network is that it's the French version of Martin O'Neill. Otherwise, getting people like HBA, Cabaye, Tioté, Ba, etc... for the prices you did is great business.

This stuff is complete bollocks like, The bloke said the other day we had a 2.5m bid accepted, now he says RMC say a 3m rejected.

What is it then ? total cobblers.  Cool as hookers nipple about this me.

L'Equipe said we had a 2.5m offer accepted and RMC said we had a 3m offer rejected, they obviously have different info and different contacts.