Massadio Haïdara

Optimistic Nut

Sorry if this has been said, but just seen Martinez' comments on the sky sports news banner.

"He's not that kind of player"..... "Tackle wasn't intentional".... "Callum will apologise"..... "Don't expect the FA to ban him restrospectively"

:rolleyes:

Tiote one was a miss-kick and was late, looked bad real time but some on here shrugged it off as not that bad as he started pulling out on it. I thought it deserved the red it got as it looked bad and shouldn't have happened.

Can't be compared to the disgrace of the one on Haïdara. The bloke is nearly horizontal as he is flying in with his leg.

Someone on 606 made a good point about the six match ban given to Brighton's Ashley Barnes for tripping the ref - a ban has to be proportionate to the offence. You can't give Suarez an eight game ban for saying a word to someone, or Joey Barton ten games for basically being a dick to Tevez then give three for GBH.

We always hear from the continent about people getting banned for months for bad tackles but the FA always bottle it and they will this time too.

There's a really simple answer, any player who injures another in a bad challenge should be banned for as long as the injured player is out.

Guest Roger Kint

Got a feeling that Halsey will say he saw it and the little wanker will get away with it, sort of disgraceful thing that prick would do  :(

Guest Slippery Sam

watching it back now.  Look at the guilt on the little c***'s face, man.  Knew exactly what he was doing.  Martinez can f*** off.

I think he meant to 'do' him, plain and simple. 

watching it back now.  Look at the guilt on the little c***'s face, man.  Knew exactly what he was doing.  Martinez can f*** off.

100% this. Anyone who's ever played football, and I guess that's most of us, know exactly what his intention was.

For Martinez or anyone else to deny it, or use expressions like "mis-timed", is a lie and a further insult to the victim.

100% this. Anyone who's ever played football, and I guess that's most of us, know exactly what his intention was.

For Martinez or anyone else to deny it, or use expressions like "mis-timed", is a lie and a further insult to the victim.

Sniper's challenge/hit that was, deliberate/planned, nothing left to chance. In some quarters the 'his/Haidara's leg was planted on the ground, so contact was unavoidable' excuse has been rolled out, to appropriate partial blame. What do ball-carriers need to resort to, to avoid having the careers put on the backburner, by hits like that? f***ing magic carpets?

Got a feeling that Halsey will say he saw it and the little w***** will get away with it, sort of disgraceful thing that prick would do  :(

i think the opposite, even if he did see it he'll say he didn't (using the tele footage that there was a player in the way) to get him off the hook.

Guest Roger Kint

Got a feeling that Halsey will say he saw it and the little w***** will get away with it, sort of disgraceful thing that prick would do  :(

i think the opposite, even if he did see it he'll say he didn't (using the tele footage that there was a player in the way) to get him off the hook.

Martinez claims he did see it and told him so, by saying that after the game it puts Halsey in a dodgy position if he lies. Obviously assuming Martinez isnt lying that is.

Martinez claims he did see it and told him so, by saying that after the game it puts Halsey in a dodgy position if he lies. Obviously assuming Martinez isnt lying that is.

And Pardew said Halsey told him he missed it...?

Bottom line is, McManaman was on his full home debut, Haidara wasn't going anywhere fast with the ball, and he's saw a chance to make a mark on the game. Disgusting stuff, I really hope he is punished heavily for it as that is the kind of challenge that changes players negatively.

Wish Haidara a speedy recovery. Liked the look of him so far in a Toon shirt, so hope he comes back stronger.

Guest Slippery Sam

No, I think you're mistaken.  Martinez did say the ref saw it, but I think he was only assuming Halsey had seen it and had not been told so.  Martinez, the slug, was trying to defend the indefensible, which is why I have lost all respect for him.

Any child who relieves football coaching of any standard are taught that there is no place in the sport for that kind of challenge, a player at this level making that kind of challenge can not be excused in any way shape or form.

You cannot go for the ball like that even if you win the ball you are going to cripple your opponent on the follow through, its not even a cowards tackle he was not looking to protect himself. Its a vicious deliberate disgraceful assault that should be punished to the full extent that the FA can.

Guest Roger Kint

Richard Keys saying its not fair to pick on the young lad as he has had a hard time coming into football and he isnt the type to do that  :idiot2:

Guess what Richard he clearly is the type as he fucking clearly did it you cock

Guest Roger Kint

And Pardew said Halsey told him he missed it...?

No he didnt.

"He (Halsey) said 'If I've missed it I apologise' - that was at half-time.

Richard Keys saying its not fair to pick on the young lad as he has had a hard time coming into football and he isnt the type to do that  :idiot2:

Guess what Richard he clearly is the type as he fucking clearly did it you cock

Not fair to pick on him?!?! Get to fuck. Like it wasn't fair for him to break Haidara's knee. Hairy handed cunt, fuck off!