Massadio Haïdara

Optimistic Nut

Got a feeling that Halsey will say he saw it and the little w***** will get away with it, sort of disgraceful thing that prick would do  :(

i think the opposite, even if he did see it he'll say he didn't (using the tele footage that there was a player in the way) to get him off the hook.

Martinez claims he did see it and told him so, by saying that after the game it puts Halsey in a dodgy position if he lies. Obviously assuming Martinez isnt lying that is.

And Pardew said Halsey told him he missed it...?

No he didnt.

"He (Halsey) said 'If I've missed it I apologise' - that was at half-time.

On the post match video interview he said Halsey told him he didnt see it.

Guest Roger Kint

Got a feeling that Halsey will say he saw it and the little w***** will get away with it, sort of disgraceful thing that prick would do  :(

i think the opposite, even if he did see it he'll say he didn't (using the tele footage that there was a player in the way) to get him off the hook.

Martinez claims he did see it and told him so, by saying that after the game it puts Halsey in a dodgy position if he lies. Obviously assuming Martinez isnt lying that is.

And Pardew said Halsey told him he missed it...?

No he didnt.

"He (Halsey) said 'If I've missed it I apologise' - that was at half-time.

On the post match video interview he said Halsey told him he didnt see it.

The one on Sky i though he said what i quoted. Fair enough if the .co.uk one is different though

Guest BrightonMag

So, Martinez, if it wasn't malicious, how come he didn't immediately flag the ref and the physios and try and get help for the guy. That's what any decent human being would have done and I've seen it happen plenty of times before.

It's inconceivable he doesn't immediately know how bad the challenge was.

This is the most telling thing for me, and I've read the Wigan forums about it being reckless, follow through, mistimed etc.

By the way, can we have a match thread for every Wigan game from now until their relegation so we can get fully behind the opposition.

So, Martinez, if it wasn't malicious, how come he didn't immediately flag the ref and the physios and try and get help for the guy. That's what any decent human being would have done and I've seen it happen plenty of times before.

It's inconceivable he doesn't immediately know how bad the challenge was.

This is the most telling thing for me, and I've read the Wigan forums about it being reckless, follow through, mistimed etc.

By the way, can we have a match thread for every Wigan game from now until their relegation so we can get fully behind the opposition.

Fucking hope they go down the horrible shits. Still livid about this.

FA need to give more powers to officials during game play.

A player is down in obvious pain receiving treatment, play has stopped its obvious the injury happened during a tackle, the 4th official should be allowed to view a replay and inform the ref of what happened. Red card can be shown right decision made at the right time, lessons anger when the correct actions are taken.

As for Wigan and Martinez, it was obvious by HT what had happened, had he been anywhere near a decent human being he would have not sent that little cretin back onto the pitch. Has that little cretin been "not that kind of lad" he would have been in no state to carry on after seeing what he had done to a fellow professional footballer.

He seemed in a bit of a state when he was subbed but I honestly believe that was 100% self pity and not concern over what he had done.

I think the fact that the referee has to see for there to be a retrospective ban is ridiculous, there was clear evidence pointing from every direction that shows the tackle was malicious, but for some reason it all hangs on the ref and the officials. It’s like the FA can’t make a decision on their own, even looking at blatant evidence.

Guest teapot

Martinez is doing his job  not too many managers would slate their own player in public.

The Wigan thug should now receive a 6 month ban.

Yet another case to further cctv and get on the spot decisions correct.

Carver sparking off a bit of bother changed very little though. McManaman went off after an hour and the match officials remained incompetent.

The whole situation stinks.

Have to say, I think the players conducted themselves very well after it, no daft shoves or kicks when it would have been very tempting.