Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

Bramble was consistently fucking woeful and anyone saying otherwise is kidding themselves.

Or acknowledging the fact he had some very good games for us when we finished 3rd, 5th and 7th. Not to mention scoring 2 important goals in 1-0 wins to get us into Europe. Imagine a CB doing that for us now.

:papiss:

Bramble was absolutely shit from about 2003 onwards. Just so bad. Never been so relieved to finally lose a player. His sending off in the 5-1 was the glaze on the cherry on the icing.

I remember a game against Charlton away when him and Woodgate played together. Usually we always lost in London but that day they didn't even get a sniff on our goal. For Woody and Bramble it was just like a day at the office. Such a solid display, especially from these two. Not sure about the result but i think we won 2/3-0.

Even then the game was a bit unlike us.

Biggest problem with Bramble was that his cockups would be so spectacular, could be almost completely solid but just about every game something would happen that looked like it belonged on You've Been Framed...

I remember one of his early games for Wigan on Match of the Day, a monumental air kick leading to the striker running free on goal to score and two kids just looking through their fingers in horror at what they'd just signed, and all their fears coming true. :lol:

He turned out ok for them in the end tbf.

I remember a game against Charlton away when him and Woodgate played together. Usually we always lost in London but that day they didn't even get a sniff on our goal. For Woody and Bramble it was just like a day at the office. Such a solid display, especially from these two. Not sure about the result but i think we won 2/3-0.

Even then the game was a bit unlike us.

Just goes to show how important it is to get two centre backs who complement each other. I always felt Bramble looked a different player with Woodgate next to him rather than O'Brien. Woodgate was like Colo at his best, very good at reading the game so Bramble could just concentrate on providing the muscle.

Bramble was consistently f***ing woeful and anyone saying otherwise is kidding themselves.

Or acknowledging the fact he had some very good games for us when we finished 3rd, 5th and 7th. Not to mention scoring 2 important goals in 1-0 wins to get us into Europe. Imagine a CB doing that for us now.

:papiss:

Yeah, for quite a while it was a case of him looking like a strong and quite capable defender who'd be pretty good if he'd just cut out the mistakes. He would have good games against the likes of Henry. He never grew out of making mistakes though. They only got worse, and to state the obvious, the closer you are to your own goal, the bigger the liability of any cockup you make.

For a player being forced out he's featured quite a bit this pre-season. I think maybe Pardew is trying to get him up to some sort of speed for the season coming. Hasn't done himself any favours mind, but I'm hoping someone or something forces the issue and we see the end of colo. We should get San Lorenzo on the phone.

• 3 weeks later...
Get French Football News is now in a position to confirm reports from journalist Romain Molina this evening that Marseille have made a fresh loan offer for French central defender Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa.

OM have launched a season-long loan offer which includes an option to buy within it.

Marseille have been given fresh assurances by agents that Newcastle may be willing to separate from the player.

Not the CB I would sell/loan. That would leave us with Captain Fistpump approaching 30 and Iron Mike and Colo already there. Not much pace in those three.

That's an important point, you do need experience back there, but you also benefit from some youth especially with the pace in the modern game. Means we have to sit deeper, so as not to be exposed, perhaps thats some way of explaining Pardew's negative set up.

We've got some promising youngsters though and the kid at forest of course, but we've not got the coaching to bring that through unfortunately.

Get French Football News is now in a position to confirm reports from journalist Romain Molina this evening that Marseille have made a fresh loan offer for French central defender Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa.

OM have launched a season-long loan offer which includes an option to buy within it.

Marseille have been given fresh assurances by agents that Newcastle may be willing to separate from the player.

Absolutely outrageous.