Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas 16s

Stunned about Yanga-Mbiwa. Great move for him. Disastrous for #nufc. Pardew always thought him "suspect" in the air.

If you're so stunned then stop randomly writing stupidly supportive pieces. You knew this shit was probably coming yet you rarely speak up.

Fucking press in Newcastle is a joke and always has been. Fine get banned? Go on all out attack then and show them for what they are.

Nightmare this like but I suppose its one step closer to Pardew getting the sack and for that we should be thankful.

Honestly, to me it seems like he's still got allies and there will be a push to load the team with "Pardew players".

Nightmare this like but I suppose its one step closer to Pardew getting the sack and for that we should be thankful.

Honestly, to me it seems like he's still got allies and there will be a push to load the team with "Pardew players".

I'm not convinced he's good enough to be around for the next window. So unless we load the team with them in 7 1/2 hours I think his own incompetence makes the next few months the endgame.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 1m

Yanga-Mbiwa quotes: “I am very happy to arrive in Rome. I couldn’t wait to arrive."

Yanga-Mbiwa: “I have already spoken with Rudi Garcia on the phone. “I am ready."

Team that's just allowed 3 goals to a rudderless Palace team offloads 24-year-old French international defender and former captain of a Ligue 1-winning Montpellier side to an Italian giant in the Champions League.

It would be hard to make up something more ridiculous.

They must have desperately wanted him to go if we're prepared to pay 80% of his wages for the season.

Really doesn't make sense. Saving 10kpw at the  loss of a player in a needed position, especially if we are not getting a replacement in

Guest firetotheworks

I'll be honest like, even as a Geordie I'd find it hard to play for Newcastle at the moment if I was a PL quality player. I'm beginning to understand why the older generations never really had a go at Beardsley and Gascoigne now that I've experienced this. There's very little about this club that represents what I loved about it anymore. Just feel completely in limbo until they're gone.