Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

Definitely liable to the odd lapse in concentration. Could easily be MYM being berated tonight instead of Santon.

It seems so, I missed the back pass from Santon and expected it to have been Mbiwa.

I thought he played well bar the hesitation on the first goal.  I miss sommat?

I thought the same. He is sometimes overconfident and creates situations that he doesn't need to, but he's only a bairn.

In particular he reads the game excellently and brings the ball out very well. Just need to stick with him and he'll be incredible for us.

He's a little bit of experience away from a very complete defender. Has a few moments but still looks every inch the player I thought he would be. His pace is vital for us.

I have to agree.

The fact that this thread hasn't been lit up post-match is a good sign.  I think his quality is there to be seen and the fact that we don't talk about him as much as other dudes on the pitch shows his steady hand.  He'll come good and be a great defender, I hope he's with us for a long time.

He seems to think he's a better footballer than he is like (f*** knows what he was doing yesterday on the wing :lol:).

He needs to stick to task atleast until we get our game together a bit.

F*cking hell he must think high of himself then :lol:

Despite a few dodgy moments last night, he'll be fine and will be a mainstay at CB for us for many years to come imo. Have to remember that he's only 23 so he is still learning really...

He's been impressive so far on the whole, but those saying he is better than Colo clearly jumped the gun.

The idea that Colo is third choice at the club is/was ludicrous.

He seems to think he's a better footballer than he is like (f*** knows what he was doing yesterday on the wing :lol:).

I'm sure you know what I mean like Mole :lol:

He's great on the ball for a defender but he gets caught out at times when tries too much. We've never really had that problem with Coloccini.

He's been impressive so far on the whole, but those saying he is better than Colo clearly jumped the gun.

The idea that Colo is third choice at the club is/was ludicrous.

:thup: he's still the best defender at the club by quite a distance imo.

Mbiwa has massive potential when he finds his feet and Taylor is fucking brilliant at the all action body on the line stuff (which we really need at the minute) but Coloccini is a class above.

I'm sure you know what I mean like Mole :lol:

He's great on the ball for a defender but he gets caught out at times when tries too much. We've never really had that problem with Coloccini.

I know exactly what you mean.... if he thinks he's better than he is ( which there is a high possibility of tbh) then his confidence is at obscene levels considering how f*cking class he is.

Coloccin's first season wasn't even that bad imo, he went massively off the boil in the latter half and started making some ridiculous mistakes but his quality was all ways there to see, the same with Jose. Cleanly great footballers but the football we were playing just had them under far too much pressure. The same is happening this season with a few.

Because we're constantly on the back foot imo. If the team is playing the poorly the defence is under more pressure than they should and end up looking a massive joke unless they're fit for that purpose.

Taylor is more of a defend in the box type so he's suited to it more, like Vidic, Terry et al.

Coloccini would be fucking useless at Stoke for example, they'd be better off sticking with Shawcross.

Because we're constantly on the back foot imo. If the team is playing the poorly the defence is under more pressure than they should and end up looking a massive joke unless they're fit for that purpose.

Taylor is more of a defend in the box type so he's suited to it more, like Vidic, Terry et al.

Coloccini would be f***ing useless at Stoke for example, they'd be better off sticking with Shawcross.

:thup: