Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

He needs to be consistent over a good period of games before any conclusions can be reached, on present information he looks to be a rock.

We do need another CB in summer imo, Saylor is way too injury prone to be a reliable partner assuming Colo is off, and dunno if Mbiwa is prone to injuries himself.

Is 23.

f***ing hell he's what so many teams need as well. What have done to deserve these players coming our way.

My favourite of the January signings, absolute top class and slotting in straight away.

Looks quality, like the way he always looks to nip in and win the ball quickly.

Soccernet team of the week

Newcastle's Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa carried on from where he had left off in the Europa League draw at Anzhi Makhachkala, where the Magpies had illustrated plenty of resolve. Against a Stoke side that seems to have reacted to recent adversity by adopting an even more robust approach than usual, he was superb, winning countless headers and challenges and bringing the ball out of defence in a constructive and composed way as the Magpies bounced back from falling behind to Jon Walters' penalty to win the match late on.

Thought he looked the more senior of our two CBs today. Knew when to stay tight and when to give a yard :thup:

Ridiculously good.

Seriously, are other clubs scouts just really crap?  :lol:

Or, alongside the scouting we have a very efficient system in place with Pardew, Carr, Lambias and Charnley doing a decent job getting good players at the right price. Sometimes we miss out, other times we get players like we have done.

Give some credit to the club rather than say the other clubs are all shit, surely?

Guest diddimz

Ridiculously good.

I'm convinced CL clubs have this attitude.... " who needs to scout when you have money?"

To be fair though, the richer clubs have Arsenal to test out if a player is going to be any good in the league, its almost like having a club dedicated to scouting and youth set up for them.

He's a far more polished version of Bassong.

Nothing like Bassong, apart from his ethnic  background. Hes faster, smarter, better at intercepting, better tackler. Bassong is better in the air and that's it. Bassong used his hands far too much to pull a striker in, which was always suspect for me.

Ridiculously good.

Or, alongside the scouting we have a very efficient system in place with Pardew, Carr, Lambias and Charnley doing a decent job getting good players at the right price. Sometimes we miss out, other times we get players like we have done.

Give some credit to the club rather than say the other clubs are all s***, surely?

I give the club huge credit. Love what'c happening on the recruitment side. It's unreal.

I'm just amazed at how little competition we've had to fight off for most of these guys we got, who are really quality and very reasonably priced. It's astonishing to me.

Guest palnese

Agreed.

He's such a classy player, and sooner or later the bigger clubs will come in for him, but it's nowt to worry about now.

He's here for the next few years and I can't wait to see him developing into a top class CB.

Imagine the profit we'll make in a few years time.

No need.

There's always someone that feels they have to say this.

Or maybe it's always this palnesian guy.

I don't know.