Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

Guest firetotheworks

Can't understand why the club backed Pardew over this, doesn't make any sense.

Because they know absolutely nothing about football. I know you know all this, but this is the club that employed Joe Kinnear twice. When everyone in the world was laughing at the things that he was saying, the club was taking it all on board.

Goes further than Pardew, mind. Charnley, Carr and the 'coaching' staff all also have culpability in my eyes.

Aye because our chief scout decided to sell him.

Some strange murmurs against Carr on some of these threads lately. I'm not entirely sure what Carr's responsible for when it comes to decision making after he recommends a player?

I think we all know Carr's no chief scout.

I didn't imply he'd made any such decision, either. He very clearly has Ashley's ear to the extent Ashley spends huge amounts by his standards on his recommendations. I see no evidence he tried to put a stop to this ludicrous departure. All conjecture, obviously.

As I'm bored (and stuck in the middle of a snow storm), I looked up some of his stats... He played 37 times in the league for us. 9 of those appearances he came on as a sub. 11 times he started at FB. He only started 17 games in the league at CB. In those games we won 7, lost 7 and drew 3 (-5 goal difference)

Most of those game that he started at CB were random, he hardly got a run in the side at his natural position. His one decent run of games in the side (at CB) was fall of last season, which was our best period of form. Pardew didn't give this guy a chance and it's a disgrace. 

I didn't imply he'd made any such decision, either. He very clearly has Ashley's ear to the extent Ashley spends huge amounts by his standards on his recommendations. I see no evidence he tried to put a stop to this ludicrous departure. All conjecture, obviously.

Agree with Ron here.

I think he's DOF in all but title personally.

Agree with Ron here.

I think he's DOF in all but title personally.

Namely because he has more power than the manager. :lol: