Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

Can MBiwa play in the EL?

As far as I understand the rules, we will have to pick one of Debuchy or Mbiwa

Sewelly is right:

Subsequent registration

18.18 For all matches from the start of the round of 32, a club may register a maximum of three new eligible players for the remaining matches in the current competition. Such registration must be completed by 1 February 2013 (24.00 CET) at the latest. This deadline cannot be extended.

18.19 One player from the above quota of three who has been fielded in a UEFA club competition group stage match for another club in the current season may exceptionally be registered, provided that the player has not been fielded:

a) in the same competition for another club; or

b) for another club that is currently in the same competition.

18.20 One or more players from the above quota of three who have been fielded only in the first, second or third qualifying round or play-offs of the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League for another club are entitled to be registered.

What stops a club signing a player subject to passing a medical?... Sign him up on the spot with clause inserted if medical throws up any problems?...

The medical is for insurance purposes; you probably don't want (or even can't? I'm not sure about regulations) to sign a contract without insurance in place.

Gonnae stop talking about greggs in every thread? :lol:

Whenever I get to another game (will probably be awhile :( ) I'm going to have to eat at Greggs because of this place :lol:

One of the first things I did when I was over earlier in the season.

It's amazing how that performance on Saturday (and the Remy nonsense) just sapped my excitement for what should be a really excellent transfer.

Just don't expect it to happen, same with haidara. Was Katrina and the waves at remy signing was the biggest punch in the gut we have been dealt in a log time IMO, compounding a frustrating, nay downright embarrassing season.

It's a Newcastle company and there's a branch every five yards in the city centre.

No shit? :lol:

They're all over the country. I'm just not getting the Greggs jokes every time a player may or may not be signing. Apart from the obvious 'Greggs started in Tyneside'.

Shoot me! :lol:

Sure a lot of the Greggs stuff started around the Kluivert era and how fat he was getting?

:thup: Thanks, man. Actually vaguely remember some teasing along those lines. Someone trying to explain rather than state the obvious (Wullie :lol: :rose:).

Originally more to do with a play on "Who ate all the pies" and Greggs being a local outlet got subbed in. Endlessly repeated by people who apparently don't understand that humour diminishes the more its used.

Guest Roger Kint

Won't be able to fly in directly today because of the snow - coming via Heathrow?

Eh? Theres delays but nowt cancelled as of yet. If anything they are getting better this morning

AF2258 PARIS CDG 1045 - Still scheduled atm

I'm still right like. It was just a vaguely humorous typical low-end Newcastle location for someone to say they'd seen a player. Used to be all the rage on deadline day - "just seen Brett Emerton in Greggs buying a cheese pasty"

As Logic says though, got canny old canny quick.