Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

What stops a club signing a player subject to passing a medical?... Sign him up on the spot with clause inserted if medical throws up any problems?...

The medical is for insurance purposes; you probably don't want (or even can't? I'm not sure about regulations) to sign a contract without insurance in place.

Maybe we should start doing our medicals in France...

It's Monday. Why isn't this done.

I know yeah it's what 13:00 already. What's the hold up makes me worry there is something we don't know  ;)

What stops a club signing a player subject to passing a medical?... Sign him up on the spot with clause inserted if medical throws up any problems?...

The medical is for insurance purposes; you probably don't want (or even can't? I'm not sure about regulations) to sign a contract without insurance in place.

Maybe we should start doing our medicals in France...

Should just build a runway at Clairefontaine tbf.

Guest icemanblue

Too many supposed bids going around, some are going to be fake, wonder if this one is the genuine one?

Mbiwa

Sissoko

Haidara

Thauvin

Gouffran

Anyone else?

:lol: What?

Too many supposed bids going around, some are going to be fake, wonder if this one is the genuine one?

Mbiwa

Sissoko

Haidara

Thauvin

Gouffran

Anyone else?

Don't think all our bids are genuine. You think the clubs plan is to sign all of them listed? Must be really panicking.

Guest icemanblue

Mbiwa

Sissoko

Haidara

Thauvin

Gouffran

Anyone else?

Don't think all our bids are genuine. You think the clubs plan is to sign all of them listed? Must be really panicking.

I don't doubt our interest in them all is genuine, like. They all play different positions, so I can't see why it wouldn't be?

Perhaps it's just evidence of a realisation that we're woefully short of numbers, rather than panic. Four signings have been mooted since the very start of the window.

Mbiwa

Sissoko

Haidara

Thauvin

Gouffran

Anyone else?

They are probably all genuine tbf. It's the smart thing to do, as they're not all going to be successful (barring some fortune that has been untypical of our season so far!). We always have the option to retract the bids if the selling clubs all accept them and the players are all keen on the move here.

It just makes sense to have a few irons in the fire should any one or more of the deals break down with the end of the window fast approaching. Don't think they're fake bids though :lol:

Mbiwa

Sissoko

Haidara

Thauvin

Gouffran

Anyone else?

They are probably all genuine tbf. It's the smart thing to do, as they're not all going to be successful (barring some fortune that has been untypical of our season so far!). We always have the option to retract the bids if the selling clubs all accept them and the players are all keen on the move here.

It just makes sense to have a few irons in the fire should any one or more of the deals break down with the end of the window fast approaching. Don't think they're fake bids though :lol:

Pardspeak has become the working language of the Forum.

Mbiwa

Sissoko

Haidara

Thauvin

Gouffran

Anyone else?

I don't doubt our interest in them all is genuine, like. They all play different positions, so I can't see why it wouldn't be?

Perhaps it's just evidence of a realisation that we're woefully short of numbers, rather than panic. Four signings have been mooted since the very start of the window.

Just feels like a lot of action, all at once for a board which does one deal at a time, and usually at a snails pace. Maybe lessons learned with Remy? Maybe it is panic, only we've reacted correctly instead of blind panic bidding? Something feels very different about our approach right now and I just wonder if some misdirection is also being used, who could blame them after Remy?

Hope its done today. Let him train 2-3-4 days with squad and play him next to colo against villa. That would be great.

And probably colos last game for us?

The Villa game is a week tomorrow, if he was signed today he would have a weeks worth of training time with the squad.

Hope its done today. Let him train 2-3-4 days with squad and play him next to colo against villa. That would be great.

And probably colos last game for us?

The Villa game is a week tomorrow, if he was signed today he would have a weeks worth of training time with the squad.

and thats a good thing ?