Newcastle United 1 - 2 Reading - 19/01/13 - post-disaster reaction from page 53

Dave

Ashley does'nt care, of that I am convinced. He is horrendously wealthy enough to take the financial hit of relegation. It would impact on his opulent  lifestyle not one iota. He will enjoy seeing our pain.

That's it. That's the fucking whack. Today was the final straw and the sooner he's fucking binned the better.

I hate losing but if that clueless prick gets sacked tonight then I'll wake up a happy man tomorrow. Absolute fucking shambles yet again.

We looked a very inhibited side for most of the game. Reading didn't deserve to win, but there isn't the same pressure on a club of that size, and it showed. They took their chances and we didn't.

We just have to hope that HBA comes back soon and we can get one or two more players this window. We need a lift.

Cisse is a disaster this season. He is so low in confidence that I can't save his and the team's arse. Ameobi shouldn't be playing anymore but the problem is who do bring on instead of these useless strikers ?

We are desparate for 2 new strikers. Buy Wilfried Bony to take Cisse's place and another winger or else we are going down.

Tactically, he hasn't a clue.

BOTH Reading's goals came from crosses that were put in by wingers playing on the correct side of the pitch. The first from a right-footed cross by a right-footed player on the right, the second (More indirectly, I'll grant) from a left-footed cross by a left-footed player on the left.

This is fucking ESSENTIAL if you're going to play 4-4-2 with any level of competence. It's not an option, or a preference, it's fucking bacic stuff going back about 120 bloody years. I'm too fucking angry right now to compose anything coherent about the angles of the balls being played in or the stances of the defenders and attackers when dealing with such deliveries, or the spaces the respective balls can be delivered into. But it's fucking schoolboy stuff and if this clownshoes prat that's masquerading as a Premiership football manager can't realise that it doesn't work then he needs running out of town immediately.

We're just as bad under 4-3-3. There you have 2 options: Play people on their natural side or swap them round. Swapping them means you really need 3 strikers, so they can cut inside. Again we don't do this, we tend to play them on their natural side but that means you're playing 4-5-1 which is so negative and dull.

We just seem to lack any kind of idea about how we're going to break teams down. No idea at all. It's just left to good luck. "Stick some crosses in" with no real idea of what is a good cross. This cutting back inside shit and trying inswinging crosses has zero success. Zero. Ever. It just does not work. Yet we do it every fucking week. With no sign of stopping. It's horrendous.

Fuck it, I'm too angry to type. A child could see what's wrong with us, but seemingly Pardew hasn't a clue. I'm off to get drunk. Fuck this shit.

thats it we are for the drop

and you can pretty much bet we'll not get anybody new in and we'll probs lose colo before the end of the month.

absolute joke.

we were up in arms about that twat fergie and his jibe about a "wee club up north" well the way things are now the cunt was right

Pardews Sky interview,

"Played well first half, 2nd half couldn't get a grip on game. Gave away 2 sloppy goals. When you're down bottom things go against you. Took Cabaye off because of injury which had a negative effect on the crowd which spread to the players. That's where we are and we can't get away from that, we need to play through it. We lost our way a bit. We've lost Demba Ba, we've lost Chiek who are both big players. Cabaye is on his way back. Need impetus, we need signings."

Didn't say: yes I fucked up, I didn't drive team forward to bury a piss poor Reading side. I am a park manager masquerading in the Premiership, and I will take this squad down!

Pardews Sky interview,

"Played well first half, 2nd half couldn't get a grip on game. Gave away 2 sloppy goals. When you're down bottom things go against you. Took Cabaye off because of injury which had a negative effect on the crowd which spread to the players. That's where we are and we can't get away from that, we need to play through it. We lost our way a bit. We've lost Demba Ba, we've lost Chiek who are both big players. Cabaye is on his way back. Need impetus, we need signings."

Didn't say: yes I fucked up, I didn't drive team forward to bury a piss poor Reading side. I am a park manager masquerading in the Premiership, and I will take this squad down!

They've not gone against Reading over the last two weeks you fucking moron.

Pardews Sky interview,

Didn't say: yes I f***ed up, I didn't drive team forward to bury a p*ss poor Reading side. I am a park manager masquerading in the Premiership, and I will take this squad down!

100% expected that.

Cisse's only been played in the correct position for 3 games or so.

That's just an excuse. He is low in confidence and we are loosing games because he can't get the ball in the net when a striker of his calibre should be doing with his eyes closed. It is not fair on him to be put under this pressure. For a club this big it is a joke that we don't have a back up striker to take his place until he is back to normal.

Shola on the other hand shouldn't be in the starting team. He is a championship player at best.