Aston Villa vs Newcastle - 29/01/13 @ 7:45pm - Not on TV

Beren

If Perch sits in front of our back four someone else of our midfielders would have to go down and receive the ball and start our attacks as i dont see Perch as good enough to do this, that would result in us losing one of our players in a more offensive position as an outlet. A little bit the same as when we play both of Tiote and Anita, both of them coming and looking for the ball trying to do the same job in a way. Same there, we get another CM in a too deep position while losing one option further up the pitch.

full backs getting the ball off the keeper, either centre half, perch and either sissoko, anita or cabaye if need be.

I agree that there would be other options as well, but we need one centrally in midfield as well, and if Cabaye/Sissoko go a bit deeper to look for the ball that would mean that Perch would have to push forward a bit so that we get some playing depth, but then we'd have less quality there instead with Perch in a more offensive position.

it's not like sissoko, cabaye and anita have to stay away and perch has been ok on the ball,

i'm only saying this for this one game till sissoko has a chance to get used to things at least for a day or two and given the full backs we have.

Again, as I think Mole mentioned earlier, the "don't play Marveaux at left wing" people are ignoring the fact that, the way that we play, our outside forwards are not tasked with touchline-to-touchline, hugging the outside play. Neither Ben Arfa nor Marveaux are Aaron Lennon/Gareth Bale wingers in that sense. Marveaux, like Ben Arfa, likes to cut-in, drive to the box from a diagonal, and ends-up playing tucked behind Cisse. Which is perfectly fine, as our central midfielders often drift horizontally too. And Marveaux and Ben Arfa drifting inside allows Debuchy and Santon space to get forward on the outside.

Between Marveaux, Obertan, Ferguson, Shola, etc., I'm playing Marveaux at left "wing" 10 times out of 10. Even if he's not a classic winger.

he was a classic winger in france but they don't look for the cross played in but the pass played in.

Tbf i think this has something to do with his injuries.... he use to have loads of pace apparently and he probably has been forced to change his game a bit to adapt.

Again, as I think Mole mentioned earlier, the "don't play Marveaux at left wing" people are ignoring the fact that, the way that we play, our outside forwards are not tasked with touchline-to-touchline, hugging the outside play. Neither Ben Arfa nor Marveaux are Aaron Lennon/Gareth Bale wingers in that sense. Marveaux, like Ben Arfa, likes to cut-in, drive to the box from a diagonal, and ends-up playing tucked behind Cisse. Which is perfectly fine, as our central midfielders often drift horizontally too. And Marveaux and Ben Arfa drifting inside allows Debuchy and Santon space to get forward on the outside.

Between Marveaux, Obertan, Ferguson, Shola, etc., I'm playing Marveaux at left "wing" 10 times out of 10. Even if he's not a classic winger.

he was a classic winger in france but they don't look for the cross played in but the pass played in.

Tbf i think this has something to do with his injuries.... he use to have loads of pace apparently and he probably has been forced to change his game a bit to adapt.

i don't remember his pace being all that, it was more his balance that took him past defenders, the clue being he could go inside and out, thats more a balance thing than a pace thing.

Ah i remember someone on here saying he was a lot quicker than he is now ( can't remember who) i can't really say much because i hadn't watched him before we bought him just going on from what i heard.

hey it's possible, just it's not something that stood out on the few occasions i watched him.

Guest bimpy474

If Pardew picks fecking Williamson and Shola......

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/other/grand/other-6bb61e3b7bce0931da574d19d1d82c88-3303.gif

I just want this match over with now, I know we should win, I know we could possibly be favourites to win, Aston Villa themselves will probably think we will win, I'm along with everyone else are expecting us to win but will we win?

I just want this match over with now, I know we should win, I know we could possibly be favourites to win, Aston Villa themselves will probably think we will win, I'm along with everyone else are expecting us to win but will we win?

I'm not worried about what Villa have to offer. The only thing worrying me is that they are due a result having been knocked out of two competitions in quick succession. Fate is what i'm worried about. The boost we got with these signings we should have too much for them.

Guest Bert Shaft

My view is that with Sissoko being a supposed attacking player, Jonas will definitely play to help cover for any runs Agbonlahor or Charlie N'Zog make.

Pardews other decision is whether to try and batter their supposedly fragile defence with 2 big men up front (which mean Sheila Ameobi playing) or not.

4-2-3-1 Team

Krul

Debuchy Mbiwa Coloccini Santon

Anita  Jonas

Sissoko Cabaye  Marveaux

Cisse

or old 4-4-2 formation

Krul

Debuchy Mbiwa Coloccini Santon         

Sissoko  Cabaye Anita  Jonas

Sheila  Cisse

I want us to throw the new players in straight away. We need the injection. Not playing them would be not taking advantage of the momentum that was built up last week.

Krul

Debuchy Yanga-Mbiwa Coloccini Santon

Anita  Sissoko

Gouffran      Cabaye      Marveaux

Cissé           

Those saying Marveaux isn't a winger - I say don't use him as a traditional winger. Let him and Gouffran come in field and make us fluid. So many good footballers in behind Cissé here, several of them able to create chances. Debuchy and Santon will be enough threat down the wings.

I want us to throw the new players in straight away. We need the injection. Not playing them would be not taking advantage of the momentum that was built up last week.

Krul

Debuchy Yanga-Mbiwa Coloccini Santon

Anita  Sissoko

Gouffran      Cabaye      Marveaux

Cissé           

Those saying Marveaux isn't a winger - I say don't use him as a traditional winger. Let him and Gouffran come in field and make us fluid. So many good footballers in behind Cissé here, several of them able to create chances. Debuchy and Santon will be enough threat down the wings.

Has to be that for me too. Such a huge game this, we have to get it spot on. They are insanely weak at the back so to not go out there and really go at them would be criminal.