Aston Villa vs Newcastle - 29/01/13 @ 7:45pm - Not on TV

Beren

Picked up a nice beret yesterday for the trip... I see the club shops had all sold out of there's... :lol:

Eh.. sent my daughter to Town yesterday to get me two from SJP Club shop, she was told they were £8 each

Picked up a nice beret yesterday for the trip... I see the club shops had all sold out of there's... :lol:

Eh.. sent my daughter to Town yesterday to get me two from SJP Club shop, she was told they were £8 each

You have failed her.

She fkn failed me

Been such a long wait for this game, hurry up and get here ffs! We simply have to get our 1st away win of the season..

Aye, aside from bucking the losing trend, getting that first away win will be such a monkey off our back. Be nice if we could do it having gone behind, too. But now I'm being greedy...

Guest neesy111

Been such a long wait for this game, hurry up and get here ffs! We simply have to get our 1st away win of the season..

Aye, aside from bucking the losing trend, getting that first away win will be such a monkey off our back. Be nice if we could do it having gone behind, too. But now I'm being greedy...

With a winner from a corner......

Cabaye is the match winner in this for me. If we have say Anita and Sissoko with him in midfield he'll be able to really influence play going forward. He's deadly from free kicks and if he's pushed a bit further forward I can see him getting chances like the goal he scored at SOS.

Paul Lambert says there is no way Aston Villa can afford to spend their way out of trouble before Thursday's transfer deadline.

Dumped out of both cup competitions by lower league opponents last week, Villa's only remaining target this season is to avoid relegation.

Lambert's side sit just one point above the bottom three, and his reliance on a core of players relatively untried in the Premier League has brought calls from supporters for new, experienced signings.

But with little time left to strengthen his squad, he said: "At this minute there's not much really happening. There's been guys we went for who have gone to other clubs.

"How many players are we short? There's a few. But I knew the remit of the job was to rebuild. To rebuild something you have to strip it right back.

"But if you are asking me if there will be a vast amount of money available during the rest of the transfer window, there won't be."

There could yet be departures this week, though, with both Alan Hutton and Stephen Warnock linked with moves elsewhere.

Lambert said: "There are things going on at the moment on that side of it, but Stephen and Alan are here at the minute until I hear otherwise."

The Scot also repeated his determination to stay in the job, saying: "I can only do, or try to do my best. There's no chance I'd walk away from it. You have to fight like anything to get up."

If we went up against Villa unchanged, it would show immense bravery and balls from Pardew.

I'd respect him for that. :lol:

Ha, it would be Pards going i've got all these new players, heres what i'm gonna do, put them all on the bench and rape you with the team that lost to Reading. That will show you

Why is he not playing the experienced players regularly?

He still has Dunne also, surely he would be a better option at the back than what they have

Dunnes been injured iirc all season

And well would you willingly play Warnock or Hutton?

Bent is the strange one

Why is he not playing the experienced players regularly?

He still has Dunne also, surely he would be a better option at the back than what they have

Dunnes been injured iirc all season

And well would you willingly play Warnock or Hutton?

Bent is the strange one

The amount they have been getting beat, yes I would to try something different