Aston Villa vs Newcastle - 29/01/13 @ 7:45pm - Not on TV

Beren

Tbf if it frees Cabaye and Sissoko total license to roam forward it may not be that bad. Just like how Yaya Toure destroyed us last season when pushed into an advanced role after Nigel de Jong came on.

Yes but if Perch starts as a DM it would mean that one of Cabaye and Sissoko would end up in a deeper position as Perch probably wont be the one who goes looking for the ball to start our attacks when we're in possession in our own half, that would mean that we'd have 2 cm in the same deep line while loosing a cm option to pass to further up the pitch. Some loss of playing depth if you ask me.

I reckon he'll go:

Krul; Debouchebag, MYM, Colo, Santon; Perch, Cabaye, Sissoko; Marveaux, Gutierrez; Cisse

BENCH: Elliot, Taylor, Haidara, Anita, Obertan, Gouffran, Shola

2-1 to us.

I think Pardew will somehow find a way to include Shola in the starting 11, he'll say something along the lines of wanting to attack Villa with 2 strikers and Gouffran needs time to settle in. He may go Anita ahead of perch too, dunno about that one though.

Too much emphasis on formations here for my liking. I accept that the formation can often dictate the manner of play but for the love of God...Play it on the floor man!!.

If we resort to containment & long ball we`ll deserve & probably end up with f*** all.

I reckon Pardew will revolutionise football :) with his selection tonight:

-------------------------Krul-----------------------------

Debuchy--------Saylor------Colo-------------Santon

Anita---------Cabaye-----Sissoko------Jonas

---------------------- Marveux---------------

---------------Cisse---------------------------------

If winning: Perch for marv (again ...oh no)

If losing: Gouffran to come off bench for Jonas

Not that bizarre. 'We need a tackler out there.'

yeah that's what I'm worried about

If that lineup is right with Gouf over Jonas I can hack it just about. At home it should be Anita/Cab/Sissokho though.

:lol: If someone told you after the Reading game that that would be the line-up your brain would have exploded.

Guest BrightonMag

85% of the votes on skysports reckon we will win this :scared:

And that's the problem. It's one football match, away from home. Looking on betfair, where people have already staked 240 grand, has us 2.72 to win and them 2.92, with the draw at 3.4.

So, the betting public think we'd win just over half of the win/losses. Hardly nailed on. I'm as excited as anyone about seeing the new players, but 'if pardew messes this up it's the end' and 'expecting to thump them' are just unrealistic in my book. We might thump them, but statistically there's not much between a win/loss/draw.

It's all about the result tonight, the line up is neither here nor there tbh.

Agreed but unfortunately the line up will probably dictate the result.

Of course you're right, it always does. I just mean it's probably best not to worry too much about the lineup at this stage.

From the same Twitter that confirmed when he was joining us:

Loreleï Jade ‏@Lorelei_Jade

A little bird told me that Yoan Gouffran might be starting on the right wing ("might" is just a figure of speech #ifUknowWhatImean..) #NUFC

From the same Twitter that confirmed when he was joining us:

Loreleï Jade ‏@Lorelei_Jade

A little bird told me that Yoan Gouffran might be starting on the right wing ("might" is just a figure of speech #ifUknowWhatImean..) #NUFC

Gouffran and Marveaux either side of Cisse with Moussa, Cabaye and Anita behind them :fwap:

And the people saying Marv isn't a winger, he's our best option there til Hatem returns.

Mersons prediction:

Aston Villa v Newcastle

PAUL PREDICTS: 2-1

Villa have had a nightmare getting knocked out of the Capital One Cup to Bradford over two legs, that's a shocker. However, I'm not sure going out of the FA Cup is too much of a problem, because they need to concentrate on the league. This is the biggest game for Villa in many a year. If they win they go above Newcastle, if they lose to a team who are struggling badly, they're in major trouble. But Newcastle desperately need a result too. Their five new signings will be hit or miss: they'll either settle as quick as snow or will struggle. It's a big gamble. There are going to be so many nerves in this game - but if Villa can perform how they have been for 45 minutes for 75-80 minutes I think they'll win it.

Mersons prediction:

Aston Villa v Newcastle

PAUL PREDICTS: 2-1

Villa have had a nightmare getting knocked out of the Capital One Cup to Bradford over two legs, that's a shocker. However, I'm not sure going out of the FA Cup is too much of a problem, because they need to concentrate on the league. This is the biggest game for Villa in many a year. If they win they go above Newcastle, if they lose to a team who are struggling badly, they're in major trouble. But Newcastle desperately need a result too. Their five new signings will be hit or miss: they'll either settle as quick as snow or will struggle. It's a big gamble. There are going to be so many nerves in this game - but if Villa can perform how they have been for 45 minutes for 75-80 minutes I think they'll win it.

Could say the same about us :lol:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8eSCOt1z-siY40VkbJhHukYr8Ce5XxzREKoHMw2Mb2CWI1mLFxA

Guest neesy111

The amount of pundits who know nothing about our new players is staggering.

PL BEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD, so don't have to take notice of anything in Europe.....