Aston Villa vs Newcastle - 29/01/13 @ 7:45pm - Not on TV

Beren

Reaction to the line-up is a disgrace. :lol:

Who do we put there in Jonas' place? Perch will be fine and with Anita we have at least someone to change the game from the bench if we're not doing well. Also I find it unlikely that Taylor plays 90 minutes.

Jonas is fine if Marveaux is injured, its the Taylor and Perch decisions that are mad.

Team looks fine to me, explained a few times why I understood if Taylor got the nod and it sounds like Marveaux would have started so it would make sense to have a bit more of a conservative midfielder (Perch) amongst those who should be playing further forward.

If Marveaux was injured in the warm up it was probably too late to completely change the way we had set up to go out.

When he had to change Ba in the "last minute" after preparing for that for a week, his excuse to play Shola was that we had prepared to play a certain way all week.

Why does that not apply now and we bring in the closest thing to Marveaux (i.e not f***ing Jonas or Perch) that he's been injured in the last minute?

We don't have anyone available who is close to Marveaux though. I can understand frustrations at Perch although I don't think he is anywhere near as bad as most seem to.

Happy with Percinho in there and Taylor, both wholehearted and energetic to set a good tempo.

Completely understandable and good line up tbh, apart from arguably Perch / Anita. Can definitely understand Taylor starting.

Can you? He's not played all season.  Yes MYM is new to the league but at least he's had game time.  Plus he's a class act.

???

Guest alijmitchell

What a fucking ring piece he is, we should really have given fans and players alike a boost by playing MYM as well as gouffran and Sissoko, on top of that, anita should be in there instead of perch. Marveaux not in the squad should have been supplemented by Obertan, since he can stretch teams. Jonas is a dead horse.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't get the Taylor criticism, he was playing well before he got injured, and he is 10x better then Williamson.

It's more that he's just got back from fitness and we have just signed what appears to be a fucking seriously gifted, full French international.

Reaction to the line-up is a disgrace. :lol:

Who do we put there in Jonas' place? Perch will be fine and with Anita we have at least someone to change the game from the bench if we're not doing well. Also I find it unlikely that Taylor plays 90 minutes.

Jonas is fine if Marveaux is injured, its the Taylor and Perch decisions that are mad.

Hardly mad. :lol:

Jonas man! Honestly, what the f***ing actual, super serious f***!?

Agreed, jonas has been terrible lately but I can't see anyone else in the team that can run with the ball...although he has'nt been doing much of that lately