Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Guest Howaythetoon

Me I'd go mad and give it to Ginola. He's French, knows the area, is cool as fuck, the fans would love it and he might just turn out to be our Martinez or Rodgers you never know.

'Reputation of being a defensive coach' - Houghton on Ketsbaia.

I hope that's more down to the tools he has to work with rather than his own philosophy. :(

Would take Moyes in a heartbeat.

Everton were fantastic under him overall. The thing with Moyes as well is because it went so spectacularly wrong for him at Man Utd he'll be even more determined to prove he still has it and stick it to the critics. Could end up really working out for us. He's unattached as well so you've got no money to pay him out of a contract or anything.

Only issue would be how he would work with Ashley, every chance with the players we have though that Moyes would do a real good job and have him believing again.

Why does the next manager need to be from a list like that rather than somewhere on the continent where we've done all our shopping since our last managerial change?

Because we generally appoint British, our last foreign manager 15 years ago, Since Ashley took over he has appointed

Keegan

Kinnear

Shearer

Hughton

Pardew

So nothing indicates he would appoint a foreign manager

I dunno, I think thats something that might be in our favour. He's desperate to prove himself again and might look to take a job that doesnt appear 'ideal'. Maybe at first he;d see it as a stepping stone but ideally we'd have Ashley selling up within a couple of years and may then get an owner that Moyes will have complete control with.

I think it's a possibility he'd come here, its hardly like Man Utd are a club that let him have full control either, no coincidence that some of the players signed this summer were the same players they were linked with under Moyes.

Moyes wouldn't take a job without full control over transfers. Absolutely no chance whatsoever.

How do you know this? I'm not so sure, as time ticks on without him getting any offers I think he'll start wanting to get back in the game and we're literally as good a bet as a club as he'll get after Manyoo.

He's also used to having to sell players when offers come in.

If Ashley sacks Pardew he'll go for Moyes imho

I dunno, I think thats something that might be in our favour. He's desperate to prove himself again and might look to take a job that doesnt appear 'ideal'. Maybe at first he;d see it as a stepping stone but ideally we'd have Ashley selling up within a couple of years and may then get an owner that Moyes will have complete control with.

I think it's a possibility he'd come here, its hardly like Man Utd are a club that let him have full control either, no coincidence that some of the players signed this summer were the same players they were linked with under Moyes.

the difference being thats Manchester United a job almost any manager in the world would take if given the opportunity even if that meant restrictions on control

Guest Howaythetoon

It would seem churlish to not want Moyes over Pardew, but I'd be against the appointment him or anyone like him - a middle of the road kind of manager. He hasn't achieved anything outstanding in his career (other than landing the Man Utd job) and although yes he did well at Everton, Martinez is showing one can do even better with the right philosophy and methods. Moyes is Pardew but much better. Same kind of ideals though. Clean sheets, hard work, defensive shape, direct football, experience, predominantly English or British centric etc.