Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

From the minuscule pool of potentials, I'd be happy to give Beardsley a crack. At least I would regain some familiarity with the club. Moyes et al are absolutely pie-in-the-sky.

NO WAY do I want this guy in charge of NUFC....none at all. I want a decent MANAGER, not a two-faced stool pigeon and even some of the names being bandied about as dire(like Venables)are better management potential than Beardsley.

He was a great player and that's ALL he is.

He's never been a manager, though. If we're choosing, I'd rather take a punt on someone who's actually associated with the club, in this time of total disassociation and lack of identity. I'd rather have an up-and-comer than the dictionary definition of a hasbeen in Terry fucking Venables, who will obviously fail in the long run.

Moyes has been telling anyone who'll listen that he wants the job from what I've read

All things considered, it's still probably the most attractive potential opening in the league. I think he'd be up for the challenge of getting this motley crew winning again.

That being said, I have no faith in Ashley 1) canning Pardew and 2) hiring a competent replacement.

We need change, anyone who is even remotely associated with the current management team should be relieved of their duties. Beardsley included.

It isn't going to happen. I'm just saying, if it came to Beardsley getting the gig until the end of the season, I could live with that. I'd rather him than another of Ashley's galpals from the pub. I just want to feel some connection to the club again.

Frank de Boer never has anything but good things to say about Newcastle. I'd sell my granny to have him here.

The things he says about Anita here man: http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/frank-de-boer-backs-vurnon-1369506

And we've got fucking Jackie Colbers wandering around doing jack all while Anita can't get on the pitch. What an utter embarrassment.

Guest chicken little

Trust me, it'd be a week before you realize what kind of man Peter Beardsley is and it'll just be another childhood idol on the scrap heap with all the paedos.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Frank de Boer never has anything but good things to say about Newcastle. I'd sell my granny to have him here.

The things he says about Anita here man: http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/frank-de-boer-backs-vurnon-1369506

And we've got f***ing Jackie Colbers wandering around doing jack all while Anita can't get on the pitch. What an utter embarrassment.

we can but dream.

we, sadly, wont be going for anyone of his calibre, so I hope we go for someone established. Someone who has done it over a number of years in the prem, so its moyes, or, dare i say it, pulis for me (I like Pulis as a bloke, he's honest, which probably rules him out, and, for some reason, I think he'd 'get' it here).

We cant go for the latest flavour of the month, nigel adkins and uwe rosler are two who I would have taken at one point, but wouldn't now. Laudrup the same tbh, Swansea binned him at teh same time as we should have binned pardew (as in, at the right time in his second season when he was starting to flop).

Moyes or Pulis for me.

Di Matteo

58 (6.1%)

Dyche

15 (1.6%)

Favre

37 (3.9%)

Garde

68 (7.2%)

Girard

53 (5.6%)

Gourcouff

16 (1.7%)

Hitzfeld

49 (5.2%)

Howe

20 (2.1%)

Ketsbaia

95 (10.1%)

Koeman

29 (3.1%)

Laudrup

161 (17.1%)

Moyes

166 (17.6%)

Pulis

27 (2.9%)

Rösler

40 (4.2%)

Sherwood

15 (1.6%)

Van Basten

39 (4.1%)

Nothing will change, everything is terrible forever

56 (5.9%)

FINAL RESULTS.

New Poll:

Please state if you want anyone (sensible) adding.

Pulis who was sacked from Stoke (Stoke!) purely and simply because the football was so bad would be your choice?

Depends what you mean by 'choice'. Would I pick him in an ideal world? Would I fuck, but i'd take him ahead of others from the pool we're likely to pick from. I also think we need someone who's going to keep us up, and I think he would.

Guest Gino14

I'd take David Moyes in a heartbeat if he'd ever come here and I think it's almost crazy for anyone to say they wouldn't.  I understand the arguments about in an ideal world and his style isn't all about flair.  This however isn't an ideal world and results would almost certainly improve by a vast margin.  I also don't believe Moyes style is that terrible.  Everton just happened to know how to defend as well as attack.  They certainly took us to pieces a few times.  To have an organised team would almost be a novelty at this point as well.  I'd actually relish a defence that could form a straight line across the back for starters.

Mental how many people went for Nigel Adkins at the beginning of this btw.

I know!

Rosler gets a canny few mentions later on in the thread too.

I was pushing martin Jol, hmm, not so sure after fulham.