Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Guest Roger Kint

Tunchel/Moyes.

Ignoring the usual Laudrup/Ashley issues he doesnt stay at clubs long at all, why would we want a manager to come in knowing we are likely to be in this position again in a year/18 months? Getting a short term fix is pointless imo, the club needs someone to tear up the shitprint and start again.

Tunchel/Moyes.

Ignoring the usual Laudrup/Ashley issues he doesnt stay at clubs long at all, why would we want a manager to come in knowing we are likely to be in this position again in a year/18 months? Getting a short term fix is pointless imo, the club needs someone to tear up the shitprint and start again.

Rather a solid short term solution to bring us forward, than the longterm option we currently have.

At the end of the day the silver haired tosspot is on buttons compared to other premier league managers which is why I think tubby won't sack him because that means he's going to have to pay a decent manager millions a year instead of thousands.

Guest Roger Kint

Tunchel/Moyes.

Rather a solid short term solution to bring us forward, than the longterm option we currently have.

Thats making the assumption that he would be a short term success. If not getting relegated is the pinnacle of your aims for us before he fucks off then fantastic, him not being Pardew like you say is an awful reason though. In case you didnt see there was a list of non Pardews to choose from to replace him. By definition not being Pardew is the point :lol:

Right now i'd pretty much take anyone except Joe Kinnear or Dave Bassett

I'd take Venables, Curbishley, Lennon, Moyes, Sherwood, Pulis........

We're going nowhere but down with Pardew in charge. Although I enjoyed the last season in the Championship I doubt we'd bounce back straightaway second time around

For the record, i'd love us to give Hoddle a chance.

Guest Gino14

Tunchel/Moyes.

If we want stability no matter what, then it'll have to be Pardew to cling on for dear life.  It simply doesn't happen now at most clubs or for most managers.  The span of time an average manager spends in the job now is about 2 years.  Usually that means they've been figured out and the thing has run its course by that point.  A good club recognises when the time is right and moves on to the next manager.  What we really need is a philosophy so our manager run goes along the line of Martinez, Sousa, Rodgers and Laudrup or like Southampton with Adkins,  Pochettino and Koeman.  Not all the managers on those lists are of the same quality, but they all were working to a philosophy that was compatible with the club and the manager before them.  The ability to keep the ball, press teams and work in an attacking team shape.  If you can get a constant theme for the club like that, then one manager succeeding long term isn't as important.  It's more important that they do a solid job for a time and are then moved on when the time is right, so someone else can hopefully progress the plan further.

Well whoever we get I hope he's attack minded. He might find a sembance of an attacking squad here, he certainly won't find an efficient defensive one. Hate to shatter Pardew's illusions like that but there you go.

Laudrup/Jémez, although I'm firmly convinced the first one wouldn't last longer than 18 months here - it would be some really good months imho.

I'm a big fan of Jémez, and I really want him to manage a club that isn't utterly broke. I think you'd love his attitude at the very least.

Anyone unaware of John Sitton needs to watch the "Orient: Club For A Fiver" documentary which I believe is available on youtube.

The bit when he sacks one of his central defenders at half time is incredible :lol:

Just watched it, that scene is amazing :lol:

Anyone unaware of John Sitton needs to watch the "Orient: Club For A Fiver" documentary which I believe is available on youtube.

The bit when he sacks one of his central defenders at half time is incredible :lol:

My second club. Watching that was awful/amazing :lol:.

"And bring your fucking dinner"  :lol:

Guest antz1uk

Awful, but if i remember right from the past, Hoddle expects all of the players to be able to play like him or understand where he's coming from and do the things he could, including his vision, unless you're coaching top class footballers that's always going to end in failure, a reason why i think he'd be good with some of our better players but woeful for the rest, i'm undecided on him, he talks a lot of sense, but still a bit loopy

Jemez. Just because I've seen two or three Rayo games and they never stop attacking. I don't mind finishing 17th every season if we got to watch that type of football. Sick and tired of the shit we've been put through for many years now and just don't give a shit about results. I want entertainment.

Right now i'd pretty much take anyone except Joe Kinnear or Dave Bassett

I'd take Venables, Curbishley, Lennon, Moyes, Sherwood, Pulis........

We're going nowhere but down with Pardew in charge. Although I enjoyed the last season in the Championship I doubt we'd bounce back straightaway second time around

For the record, i'd love us to give Hoddle a chance.

Hoddle, Venables, Curbishley, Pulis & Lennon would be awful man, just as bad as Pardew, have a word ffs