Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Don't know much about him but it sounds like Galtier is a good man manager and that his team Saint Etienne are quite consistent even though they don't seem too score that many goals.

They don't have the best squad and he is massively over achieving there though. Would be interesting to see what he could do with better players.

Good point. I wonder if they scored more goals when PEA was there? Just one player, but still..  (Zouma as well of course)

Roeder wants us to go for Klopp..........Who wouldn't..

If someone can just make a site explaining to him we're just like Dortmund when he took over them. We have huge fanbase, with big stadium but are an underachieving club. Be the perfect time and location for him.

:yao:

No one fancy Luciano Spalletti?

Transition from Italy and Russia to premier League might be hazardous.

Would be somewhat entertaining and a definite upgrade on pardcunts idea of football, but nah. His teams seem quite fragile

The only thing I know is that the new manager will be british and cheap.

Why?

Is there a British coach that will fit into our set up?

What I would say is that talk of De Boer or even McLaren are probably unlikely as they have a name and would consider themselves to have some pull with press being on his side or at boardroom level or clout in any major decisions.

- someone with experience working in a set up like ours

- good working with youth ie happy to work with what we have with signings as a last resort.

- relatively unknown with something to prove. With full subservience to the overlords.

- cheapish to hire.

have to go abroad really to get someone that will definately be happy in our set up and used to it. Otherwise we will be in the same situation in a couple of years

The only thing I know is that the new manager will be british and cheap.

And more importantly available for nowt ie not currently employed so not attracting a compensation fee.

Which is frustrating seeing as we received a compensation fee so it would not be costing Ashley anything.

Guest Bert Shaft

Who I would go for and who we could attract are 2 different things.

Wouldn't mind it if we appointed Karankawanka from the smogs though as I think he might be a top drawer boss.

That would p*ss me smoggy mates right off anarl  :cheesy:

Fully expect Beardsley or (if fatty turns to JFK for advice) Lawrie Sanchez to be appointed as next coach.

All I can think of is reasons why people won't come. Haven't a clue what Ashley's going to do.

Let's assume Caulkin isn't talking out of his arse, of which he's given no reason to think so as of now. That a head coach is wanted and not a manager, that would mean the list of British coaches who would accept little to no control over transfers.

That list is very very short, it cuts down the possible options rather significantly.

All I can think of is reasons why people won't come. Haven't a clue what Ashley's going to do.

Let's assume Caulkin isn't talking out of his arse, of which he's given no reason to think so as of now. That a head coach is wanted and not a manager, that would mean the list of British coaches who would accept little to no control over transfers.

That list is very very short, it cuts down the possible options rather significantly.

John Carver would :anguish:

Convinced there are plenty of managers who'd be thrilled to work in our setup with the quality of player we've shown the ability to bring in over the last few years.

Carr and Pardew were shite together because the players Carr likes are the opposite of what Pardew can work with. Plenty of managers out there who would be over the moon with having the likes of MYM, Ben Arfa, Cabella and Anita "forced" upon them.

Add players like that to some of the poor cunts that have been pardewed and I'd be amazed if there wasn''t plenty of interest from young, talented coaches on the continent.