Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

I treat international management with a similar view to cup success when it comes to judging a manager for a club job. The roles are so different that they're barely comparable imo.

I agree. But he did a sterling job at Swindon as a player manager and at Chelsea too. This was over twenty years ago mind. He does occasionally show himself to be a mentalist these days.[emoji1]

I treat international management with a similar view to cup success when it comes to judging a manager for a club job. The roles are so different that they're barely comparable imo.

I agree. But he did a sterling job at Swindon as a player manager and at Chelsea too. This was over twenty years ago mind. He does occasionally show himself to be a mentalist these days.[emoji1]

Remember the last guy we had who was 20 years in the past and a bit mental?

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2008/09/26/460KinnearTomJenkins.jpg

Any new news regarding Garde or are we still f***ing about? :lol:

It's conceivable that we could be waiting until the summer to appoint someone, with Carver as caretaker, and never be told what's going on.

Hoddle? No ta

You'd prefer coaches with no real top level credentials?

Hoddle's not ideal but I'm confident he'd have us playing good football and winning more games than Pardew.

He would, but then a life sized cardboard cut-out of Pardew would win more games than Pardew.

The Hoddle suggestions make little sense. He has never been particularly great, is a total oddball and has been out of the game for nearly a decade.

He's quite clearly a good coach with a good footballing philosophy.

The Hoddle suggestions make little sense. He has never been particularly great, is a total oddball and has been out of the game for nearly a decade.

Not sure about that, the fact he thinks playing Townsend behind two poachers and 3 CBs is a good idea makes me question his credibility.

If that's the case then:

Why hasn't he used some of this good coaching at QPR - they could do with knowing how to pick up points away from home despite heavy investment?

Why has he never coached a team in to Europe or to a cup win?

Why did he do no better than Fabio Capello with England? (and poorer than Sven in competitions let's not forget)

Why hasn't he worked in a proper managing capacity since 2006?

Not sure what Hoddle's credentials are? Never recall him being particularly successful anywhere.

His main credentials are he won't be interested in the job so all this talk about him will end up being redundant.

If that's the case then:

Why hasn't he used some of this good coaching at QPR - they could do with knowing how to pick up points away from home despite heavy investment?

Why has he never coached a team in to Europe or to a cup win?

Why did he do no better than Fabio Capello with England? (and poorer than Sven in competitions let's not forget)

Why hasn't he worked in a proper managing capacity since 2006?

He has obviously limited input at QPR.

Kevin Keegan hasn't won owt either.

I'd argue that. His England side played really good football and were an incorrect decision away from progressing in '98.

Obviously he needed a break from the game, or to find a role suiting his preference for coaching.

I'm not saying he's anything to get excited about, like. He's just a good coach that would get us playing a much better brand of football.