Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

If true I would be happy with that. I am pretty sure Carver will get 12 points to clear us to safety. Paul Tisdal Jumped to second place in the polling though.

I noticed that, 1 bookie seems keen on him. Win % of 36 at Exeter, surely a contender.

If true I would be happy with that. I am pretty sure Carver will get 12 points to clear us to safety. Paul Tisdal Jumped to second place in the polling though.

Both of those first two sentences seem strangely awful.

Well Ashley's number once choice is a bit far fetched seeing as he has apparently washed his hands of it and let charnley and Carr decide.

Also if this was the case I'd imagine that would have been known before they put Carver in two game temporary charge. While they could be using this time to consider all options they must be looking for an appointment straight away or why not just say Carver is caretaker, not caretaker for the next two games.

Putting that aside for a second if it was true it would be a disaster, unless de boer signed upfront. Still I honestly think we could go down with Carver in charge. He is useless. Idea also smacks of starve it off until the summer with no intention of getting De Boer or De Boer getting numerous better offers.Would bloodly love De Boer though.

We need someone now. It's the perfect time to really assess the club and its players and try a few things. As someone already said, I would be happy to wait until the summer for de boer, providing he signs now and on the condition we get an interim until seasons end that isn't Carver.

Why on earth do people think this is likely in the summer?

It just says we're keen on him, so no negotiations have even started. Probably unlikely he'd even entertain coming here.  All it is, is a deliberate publicity stunt to get the dumb Geordies to fork out for another season ticket with a pie in the sky promise that something positive is going to happen. Ashley is trying to accumulate as much cash out of everyone before he attempts to sell us for a inflated sum.

The fat cunt is, and has been playing everyone ever since the Keegan fiasco. Wake up and call the fuckers bluff for once.

Guest Gino14

A slow news day for anything big happening in the football world. They think it's easy to sell papers to Newcastle fans just by waving a good potential managerial candidate at them. Every day it's someone else, it's just nonsense and they know no more than the fans do. Mike Ashley doesn't say anything to anyone, especially not in the press. So as soon as they say "Mike Ashley's number one choice" you can immediately discount the whole story as rubbish. The papers will each suggest every candidate over the next couple of weeks and whoever gets the job, they'll point to the story they printed about that candidate and say they got it right. This has been the way with Football managerial appointments and the media for decades.

I have no idea what to expect in terms of an appointment now. I feel like it's sort of 40% chance of Carver, 40% chance of some cheap horrible option and maybe an optimistic 20% chance we'll get someone from the shortlist or elsewhere that we'd be happy with.

Well Ashley's number once choice is a bit far fetched seeing as he has apparently washed his hands of it and let charnley and Carr decide.

Also if this was the case I'd imagine that would have been known before they put Carver in two game temporary charge. While they could be using this time to consider all options they must be looking for an appointment straight away or why not just say Carver is caretaker, not caretaker for the next two games.

Putting that aside for a second if it was true it would be a disaster, unless de boer signed upfront. Still I honestly think we could go down with Carver in charge. He is useless. Idea also smacks of starve it off until the summer with no intention of getting De Boer or De Boer getting numerous better offers.Would bloodly love De Boer though.

We need someone now. It's the perfect time to really assess the club and its players and try a few things. As someone already said, I would be happy to wait until the summer for de boer, providing he signs now and on the condition we get an interim until seasons end that isn't Carver.

That's the problem with waiting until the Summer - yes there will be more options but equally those coaches may also have more options themselves so you might end up with none of them.  Spurs were holding out for Van Gaal who kept them waiting until he knew what was happening with the Man Utd job.

Why on earth do people think this is likely in the summer?

It just says we're keen on him, so no negotiations have even started. Probably unlikely he'd even entertain coming here.  All it is, is a deliberate publicity stunt to get the dumb Geordies to fork out for another season ticket with a pie in the sky promise that something positive is going to happen. Ashley is trying to accumulate as much cash out of everyone before he attempts to sell us for a inflated sum.

The fat c*** is, and has been playing everyone ever since the Keegan fiasco. Wake up and call the f***ers bluff for once.

Anyone wanting to wait until the summer can kindly f*** off.

No way. We need a decent manager now. We deserve a decent manager now. Sick of watching s*** football every week. No way should Carver be anywhere near the place for any length of time.

No way. We need a decent manager now. We deserve a decent manager now. Sick of watching s*** football every week. No way should Carver be anywhere near the place for any length of time.

I'll gladly wait until the summer for de Boer. I would rather write this season off than go for somebody who could write the next 3 or 4 season's off.

I agree with this, I would question their commitment if they didn't want to come right away, ffs the dutch league is pants, the PL love it or loathe it, is globally the most popular league in the world, the chance to manage one of the few teams where even moderate success would be greeted with huge support for a vast fan base, should be motivation enough.

I don't think people who live in the UK get how much bigger the PL is than any other league certainly here in North America, it's not easy to find coverage of other league games even the German or Spanish leagues biggest match ups. More people will watch Stoke versus Burnley than Real versus Barca, over here !!

Anyway no need to big up the PL, they do a great job of that themselves. It's cool to be self deprecating of Newcastle but the job to manage them is still an attractive one, obviously less so than in the past but still attractive. The big issue is of course does the owner want to get the person that could push this team on, whether it's Galtier or DeBoer or whoever, money talks and releases people from contracts and softens loyalty. We've got the money but I don't think we have the will.

I'll gladly wait until the summer for de Boer. I would rather write this season off than go for somebody who could write the next 3 or 4 season's off.

Write it off?  Season finished last week, man :lol:

I noticed that, 1 bookie seems keen on him. Win % of 36 at Exeter, surely a contender.

He is a very promising manager if you are looking at the lower leagues. In the context of what he has to work with at Exeter 36% is very good. I wouldn't rule him out doing well but think he needs to sharpen his teeth at a forward thinking Championship club first.

Ajax have outplayed us for large periods during the games we played against them with De Boer in charge. Honestly I would :fwap: if I were you at the perspective of having him in charge. Worth the wait if the deal can be secured now ("they'll try in the summer" sounds bollocks, though). 

Looks like it'll be harder to get Tuchel out of his contract than first thought.

Mainz president: "I felt personally betrayed. It is a matter of honor. Thomas Tuchel betrayed the team."

Honestly, some day the courts will take a look at why people employed in football can't leave their jobs in the same way anybody else can*. Makes no sense.

*They did in Spain and that's why we have release clauses.