Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Depends, aren't we the ultimate club for Job Security?

and the polar opposite for ambition, McLaren strikes me as somebody who will at least want to try to compete, he did get Boro to the UEFA cup final (god knows how but there you go) which is taking it a lot more seriously than basically any club in England has except Fulham have in the last 10 years.

I think the biggest problem would be the remit of 'here, finish somewhere between 8th and 10th'. Every team he's been at for the last 15 years has wanted to be in the CL spots or at least challenge for them.

I think the biggest problem would be the remit of 'here, finish somewhere between 8th and 10th'. Every team he's been at for the last 15 years has wanted to be in the CL spots or at least challenge for them.

The biggest problem would be the remit of "do it without spending any money". Rafa does not do parsimony, as Brummie will attest.

The biggest problem would be the remit of "do it without spending any money". Rafa does not do parsimony, as Brummie will attest.

not to mention his wage demands which won't be in the mike ashley pittance (by premier league standards) range and he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to act as a human shield for whatever stupid thing the club is doing next 

I know Ashley likes a gamble but surely appointing Carver would be too much of a risk.  Even with their desire to do just enough, Carver has already shown against poor opposition that he can't even manage that.  He hasn't got the crowd on his side (that must confuse the London media who believe only a Geordie is acceptable) so appointing him permanently would just cause more unrest.  There is no guarantee that the lesser teams in the league will be as poor next year.  Appointing Carver would be inviting a relegation battle from the off next season and although I think we will safe this season, it could still get a little bit uncomfortable especially once we get into that difficult run of fixtures.

Guest John Carvery

What would you think of Bob Bradley?

:lol: I think quite highly of him. He's a decent manager and a person of genuine integrity.

Not even remotely close to being PL-quality though.

Any relation to Alan Bradley?

• 2 weeks later...

fucking clicked on another thread just as i caught sight of "signs 18 month contract extension"

i'm currently dictating this to google 'cause the laptop is 6 floors down after going through the window

EDIT: google didn't grasp that i initially thought it was carver who'd signed :anguish: